Can a police officer come to a home where a minor child is in the home with the mother bc the dad said it was his visitation which is was not Police officer let dad take the child without speaking to?

This has to be confusing for the child. Take it up with the agency that governs your custody agreement tomorrow. It may be that the father had papers stating visitation rights and you were mistaken, otherwise police should not have come to your door. Hopefully you can smooth this process out so such a eventful exchange does not happen again.


No. The police officer had no right to act regarding the visitations. The father should have brought his claim that visitations were not being followed to the court that has jurisdiction over the case. The police officer should be reported. He was likely an acquaintance of the father.