Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2007-05-03 22:24:45

call the finance company and tell them that you want to do a voluntary repossession and they will take it from there.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

It will be sold at auction at a lower price than the dealer will sell it for.

If the finance company has been paid in full, then why would the dealership (or the finance company) want to repossess your car? If the loan hasn't been repaid and is long overdue, then the dealer and finance company will probably decide who actually repossesses the car. Either way, it's up to them, not you. Best thing to do is check the fine print in your loan agreement (which you signed when you bought the car) and see what it says about overdue payments, repossession, etc. If you've lost it, call your dealer and ask for a copy.

GOOD question. Read the contract. Were you in default of it?? Why didnt you TAKE the car back? Why did they have to come get it?

Yes, you can return a used car to the finance company in Canada. However, you also can consider returning it to the dealer you bought it from as well.

There isn't anything you would need to do. You still owe the money and will need to continue paying. A bank or something similar may buy the rest of your loan from the dealership. If that happens it will be their job to notify you.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It is not usually the dealer which actually provides the finance, it is a finance company that is separate from the car dealer.When you purchase the car and take out finance, the finance company pays the dealer in full what he is owed and you then repay the finance company.If you look at your finance documents closely, they should tell you this.You should therefore continue to pay for your car as you were doing before the dealer went out of business. However, for your own protection make sure that you get a receipt (proof) that you have made each payment. If you are notified in writing to change your payments to a new company do this if the paperwork matches what you had before.If you are in doubt at all, go and see an attorney (lawyer).

No, you cannot just return it to the dealer. The dealer has nothing to do with this unless the dealer is also the lender. You must return it to the entity who loaned you the money to buy the car in the first place. It is their car until you pay for it. This is called a voluntary repossession. You will be required to pay the deficiency. That is the difference in what you owe on the vehicle and what they sell it for at auction or private sale. Your credit will also be ruined for 7 years. You will save repossession fees by turning it in voluntarily.

You're talking about the repossession agent, not the car company or dealer. And no, they have absolutely no authority to detain you. If they try this, file a police report.

That's not going to happen. Unless the dealership is doing the financing in-house, they're already paid for the vehicle, via the loan you took out from the finance company to get the vehicle. It's the finance company you'd answer to re: the payment, not the dealership. Thus far, I've never heard of any such thing happening - miss a certain number of payments, and the finance company sends repossession agents to collect the vehicle. However, it's not beyond the realm of possibility - vehicles with systems such as OnStar can be shut off remotely, and, although I have yet to hear of it happening, it is possible that a finance company could request OnStar disable the vehicle.

If the creditor will not take it back in lieu of the money owed then you need to sale the bike and pay them their money. Unless the dealer is willing to buy the motorcycle you will still owe the money. Not every creditor will do a voluntary repossession.

Nope. The dealer is completely unaware of your financial situation.

The car dealer is not required to collect a down payment. The finance company is the one who usually asks for it. If they desire a down payment, they will contact you to get it.

Contact the dealer or finance company, whoever has the title, and ask them to send it to you. If they refuse, you may have to contact an attorney.

Then he's a total plonker!The finance company will chase you for it, they won't miss a thing, believe me.

(A): "Can you sue the repo man if he takes your truck after you filed bankruptcy?" (B): The answer is "No". The truck is the property of the dealer, or finance company, until your final payment to them is made, and the receiver in bankruptcy may not seize property of which title belongs to a second party (dealer or finance company). Chris

find out another dealer who can finance your car.

Yes Ford Credit will Finance Non-Ford vehicles. If the dealer told you they won't it may be beause that brand has their own financing company also to go through.

There is no such thing as a "Voluntary Repo". You borrow money to buy something , you owe the money period. If you turn the item over to the bank or finance company it doesn't take you of the hook. The bank or finance company will auction the car and you will still be responsible for the difference in the amount it sold for and the amount you owed, plus handling and fees. Even then you credit is still shot to He-- . It is not the finance companies problem that the car broke down . Your beef would be with the dealer you purchased it from. I suggest you continue to make your payments and work hard to repair the car so you can get some use out of it.

The way to become a finance manager is to start as a salesperson and then become an assistant manager and then become a finance manager.

You signed a contract and drove it. It is not new anymore. Returning it would be a voluntary repossession and you would probably owe several thousand dollars. Yes, it would hurt your credit.

All of the paperwork for the purchase of a vehicle is usually completed by the dealer. Take your original paperwork(sales invoice and contract) to the dealer and explain it to them. They should have credited the rebate.

Finance means you take out a loan to pay for the vehicle, then you make regular payments to repay the loan.

yes if you car was repossessed in Maryland and the dealer has a security intrest on the tittle they can apply for a repossession tittle and sell the cars as soon as they have a tittle

No. The dealer (or bank that financed it)technically owns the car til it's paid for. If it's become a hard-ship for you, simply give it back. It becomes a 'voluntary repossession' for the person incarcerated, but that sounds like the least of their problems. Good luck. FYI, a repo is going to damage the borrower's credit terribly.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.