Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2012-02-17 10:10:59

Yes. Another man is not going to have to pay for your child just because he is married to the mother. Only the biological parents pay for their child.


Related Questions

If you are married to the mother, no. Then you share everything naturally. But if you have a child and you are separated or not married to the mother, and you do not have custody of the children, you have to pay child support

Generally, yes. Under the Federal guidelines, being married to someone else or not has no impact on child support payments.

If the father is not married to the mother your mum doesn't have to pay a single penny

Doubtful. The child support is for the welfare of the child, not the mother. Check with your state child support office for specifics of the law in your state.

You can file for modification on the basis of a lower income. You cannot file for reduced child support because she is now married, though you could use that as a basis to terminate alimony.

From my experience it did not change anything.

The answer is no. You do not stop paying child support if the mother gets married. The child is still your child and you have the responsibility to provide support for your own child.

In many jurisdictions, the husband is presumed to be the child's father unless paternity is established by other means. The biological father would likely be required to pay child support even if the mother is married to someone else.

Notify the court that you have married.Notify the court that you have married.Notify the court that you have married.Notify the court that you have married.

If the court has said you are to pay child support, your marital status does not matter.

If the mother is not married to the father, he has no rights period, even if living with her. see link below

Marriage of the mother, father or child have no relationship to the collection of a debt.

Yes, nothing stops a child support payment. The amount received is regardless of the financial status of the mother or the new husband.

First, there is no such thing as an illegal mother. Any parent, male or female, single, married, divorced or separated, may receive child support.

Yes, as it is unrelated to your support, but please send the link below to her on stepparents.

Depends on specific states laws as they apply to child support and the welfare of the child. If the mother married a sex offender, should the father know?

Absolutely.Paternity makes you responsible for supporting your own child whether you were married to the mother or not.If paternity is established, child support is due regardless of marital status.

No, child support does not start until the child is born. Once the child is born the mother can seek child support and it can be deducted from the father's pay.

He has the right to pay child support and petition for visitation.

1) to pay support; 2) to petition the courts for visitation

No. If you are not married you pay child support to the custodial guardian, in this case the mother (?), and they take a 26% (?) out of your income to pay for the child. She is also already spending a % of her income. Since you are not married you do not share a income.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.