Crankcases and PCV Valves
Pontiac Grand Am
Grand Prix GT

Does a 1991 Pontiac Grand Am 2.5 manual trans have a PCV valve?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-05-27 20:08:03
2012-05-27 20:08:03

yes it does, all engines have a pcv valve ( positive crankcase ventilation ) valve. it is on the engine and vacuum goes to it from the valve covers.


Related Questions

Probably in the 1997 Pontiac trans-am heater core valve holder. If not, you probably lost it. Both the valve, and your mind.

on a 1998 Pontiac gan am ,they do not have a pcv valve.

does a 2004 grand am ,2.2 l have a egr valve

location of egr valve on 04 grand am v6

where is valve cover located on a 2001 Pontiac Grand-Am 4 cyl

Yes, You can put a manual shift valve body in it.

how to replace lifters on a 03 grand am

It's on the valve cover, look for a hose that goes to the carb and the pcv valve just pushes into the valve cover through a rubber grommet.If this is a Pontiac powered Trans Am the PCV valve will be in the valley pan, just under the intake. Should be in front of the carb.

The EGR valve is located on the side of the intake on the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am. It is close to the intake manifold.

The PCV valve is located under the MAP sensor on a 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix. The MAP sensor is in the upper plenum.

The 2001 Pontiac Grand Am 2.4 liter engine PCV valve is located on the firewall. The valve will be on the drivers side firewall in the engine compartment.

The heater control valve on your Pontiac Grand Prix is located behind the kick plate, on the passenger side of the passenger compartment. The heater control valve is near the heater core box.

Would this cause the car not to start If the EGR VALVE is bad

Where is idle air control valve located on 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, 3.8 liter 6 cylinder?

You don't. If you are having an issue with idling check the IAC Valve.

driver side of the front valve cover if its the V6 if its the 4 cyl. its on the top of the valve cover somewhere

Should be able to just unbolt the valve cover, remove the old gasket clear the surfaces with a rag and reinstall. Might have to disconnect the throttle/trans kickdown cable from the throttle body for room.

on top of the intake manifold left side

No, older cars didn't have bleeder valves on the cooling systems.

It is called 'trans range sensor",it is part of the valve body,trans pan has to be removed to access it

It is inside the side cover of the transmission. I have seen this with the trans still in the car but it would have been easier to take the transmission out to repair it.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.