Children and the Law
Child Support

Does a child have to live with a parents half the time for that parent to be considered the residential parent in Ohio?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 21:08:34
2015-07-15 21:08:34

I live in Ohio and I do believe the child in question must live with the parent MORE than 50% of the year for that particular parent to be "the Residential Parent". In my case, it was described in the Divorce Decree that I was to be the sole custodian and residential parent.

If you need further info, try calling the Ohio State Bar Association and see if they can point you in the right direction or give you the info you need- they may even be able to do it for "free". :)



Related Questions

User Avatar

A custodial parent is the parent who has custody of the child. Usually, that would be both parents. A residential parent is the parent who the child lives with the most.

User Avatar

Both parents are. The parent who does not have residential custody usually pay child support to the one who has residential custody to be used to pay for the child. Both have to pay for their child.

User Avatar

With the permission of the residential parent? Yes. see related question.

User Avatar

What if a residential parent had to go to jail and the child is with a friend. Can the other joint go get her.

User Avatar

Adoptive parent. Once a child has been adopted, his adoptive parents are his parents, period. It is as though he had been born to them. He no longer has ANY legal relationship to his birth parents; he has no claim on them nor they on him.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.