Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-08-09 15:05:15

How does the two interfere with each other?


Related Questions

Unless visitation rights for the non-custodial parent were allowed in the divorce paperwork, the custodial parent is completely within their rights to deny the non-custodial parent visitation....however, the non-custodial parent may sue for visitation rights.

If there is no court mandated agreement that ensures the noncustodial parent visitation rights, then yes they can.

it shouldnt matter. if the parent has custidy and the other dont and there is no visitation rights then then yes the perant can move

A parent has visitation rights unless the Judge orders otherwise.If the offending parent gets arrested and convicted the custodial parent can file in court and POSSIBLY have the visitation rights revoked.

None unless the custodial parent agrees to visitation. Stepparents have no rights concerning a non-biological child unless the court grants them guardianship.

at times yes but usually if the noncustodial parent does want to see the child they will be denied visitation rights and not be allowed to see the child

can loose unsupervised visitation rights if the custodial parents mooves for that motion.. assuming there are court sanctioned visitation rights already in place. Research the Laws for your state

It depends on the details. If the parent is taking the child but not picking the child up and returning him at the stated times then you can file a motion for contempt of a court order. If the parent is not exercising the visitation rights there is little you can do.

A noncustodial parent cannot sign his rights over to his parents or voluntarily terminate his parental rights. He needs the permission of the court and the custodial parent.

the custodial parent is the parent the child lives with the non custodial parent is the parent the child does NOT live with the non custodial parent assuming he / she knows he is a parent... is usually the patitioning parent. if he /she chooses not to seek visitation rights the court cannot force him/ her to see the child.... but they can enforce child support. research the laws for your state.

Generally a parent with visitation rights is a non-custodial parent. You need to check the court orders. See related question link.

No. A parent has parental rights and rights under a visitation order until those rights are modified or terminated by a court order.No. A parent has parental rights and rights under a visitation order until those rights are modified or terminated by a court order.No. A parent has parental rights and rights under a visitation order until those rights are modified or terminated by a court order.No. A parent has parental rights and rights under a visitation order until those rights are modified or terminated by a court order.

If the court has awarded you visitation rights, then you have those rights legally and they cannot be denied by the custodial parent.

The child has a right to see the parent if she wishes. The wishes of the child should be of paramount importance. Unless there are certain court orders in place (restraining order, protection from abuse order, divorce decree or Parental Rights and Responsibilities) or if the noncustodial parent has a criminal record for a sexual offense, the noncustodial parent does have rights. However the things they do should be with consideration for the child and custodial parent in mind.AnswerUnless they have been determined to be unfit the non-custodial parent has the right to request a visitation order from the court with jurisdiction over the case. Once the visitation order has been established the non-custodial parent has the right to enforce that visitation order, exactly as stated in the order, unless it is modified by the court. The non-custodial parent has the right to be informed about important aspects of the child's life such as medical conditions and treatments, school attendance and school functions, sports programs, etc.

Only the court can grant and take away visitation rights.

Get StartedWhen a divorce decree awards custody of minor children to one parent, visitation rights are generally given to the noncustodial parent. Some courts also recognize that grandparents have visitation rights. The divorce decree often provides specific details regarding child visitation.This document allows either parent to advise the other parent of the arrangements for a child's visit. In addition to specifying the time and location of pickup and return of the children, this program permits the user to identify special activities involved with the visit that the other parent should know.

It's not the parent who decide whether there will be visitation rights or not, that is the court and a parent is not obligated to petition for one. A parent can not be forced to have a relationship with their child. Apart from paying child support.

No. The non-custodial parent needs to have the visitation rights enforced by the court if necessary.

Absolutely not. This is dangerous and irresponsible. If it continues, you will want to return to court to restrict or discontinue the NCP's visitation rights.

the noncustodial parent is usually awarded some type of visitation rights in order to enable a relationship with the father. If the father is unfit however, them this needs to be brought to the attention of the court that the father is engaging in a lifestyle and practices that are harmful to the child. If that is found to be the case and true, then there is the possibility for either supervised visits or total denial of visitation rights until the issue is resolved.

Not if the other parent has joint custody and/or visitation rights.

The custodial parent cannot deny visitation of the non-custodial parent if there is a court order in place. Only the court can rescind visitation privileges or terminate parental rights. If there is no court ordered visitation the custodial parent has the right to use their discretion. If however, the non-custodial parent decides to file for visitation rights; the refusal for visitation will not be looked upon favorably by the court unless there are acceptable reasons for it having been done.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.