How do you change front brakes on 1996 mercury tracer?
everyone should have a shop manual for their vehicle, and the library should have a professional shop manual(wiring diagrams and more detailed info) available in the reference section for FREE....make copies of the right sections, and fix it like a PRO!! good luck Dave :)
Take the break off. ======================================================== I was looking at the ( 1998 ) Mercury Tracer Owner Guide and it shows : Move the rear tires to the front of the vehicle ( staying on the same side ) and take the two front tires and put them on the opposite sides of the rear
If you turn the steering wheel all the way one direction or the other, the tierod ends will be in front of the driveshaft(cv joint). They are fairly easy to change. If you turn the steering wheel all the way one direction or the other, the tierod ends will be in front of the driveshaft(cv joint). They are fairly easy to change.
No. You will only need to replace the brake shoes if they are worn down. Generally the front brakes do 70% of braking leaving the rear with 30%, which will cause the front pads to wear first. What is important however is that you replace either front brakes or rear brakes as a set. i.e. if you're replacing the front brakes do the right and left side.