Here is how my [http://www.themotorbookstore.com/caravan.html 94 Dodge Caravan Manual] says to do it. 3.0l Engines The 3.0L engines were equipped with either the Nippondenso or Bosch alternators. 1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Install a 1/2 in, breaker bar in the tensioner slot. Rotate counterclock- wise to release belt tension and remove poly-V belt.
3. Remove the alternator mounting bolts (2)
4. Remove the wiring and remove alternator.
5. Position the alternator onto the engine, then install the wiring.
6. Set the alternator against the mounting bracket and install the mounting bolts.
7. Rotate the tensioner counterclockwise and install poly-V belt.
8. Connect the negative battery cable. 3.3L and 3.8L Engines
The 3.3L and 3.8L engines were equipped with the Nippondenso alternators. 1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the alternator drive belt, by relieving the tension on the dynamic tensioner
3. Loosen the nut on the support bracket at the exhaust manifold, do not remove it.
4. Remove the alternator tensioner/Power Steering bracket bolt.
5. Remove the tensioner stud nut and remove the tensioner.
6. Remove the alternator mounting bolts.
7. Remove the power steering reservoir from the mounting bracket, do not disconnect the hoses, and position it out of the way.
8. Remove the alternator support bracket bolts, Remove the intake plenum to alternator bracket bolt and remove the alternator support bracket from the engine.
9. Remove the alternator from the engine and disconnect the electrical leads.
10. Install the alternator in position on the engine and connect the electrical leads.
11. Install the alternator support bracket, tighten the retaining bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm). Install the power steering reservoir on the mounting bracket.
13. Install the alternator mounting bolts, tighten the bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
14. Install the tensioner and tensioner mounting stud. Install the retaining nut on the exhaust manifold.
15. Install the alternator belt, insert a 1/2 in. extension into the square hole in the tensioner and turn the tensioner. Tighten the tensioner bolt.
16. Connect the negative battery cable. Good Luck and Remember.
Change Your Mind, Not Your Oil.
Use the First In Synthetic Motor Oil's.
See My Bio For more information.
Is there a Video that I can watch on How do you Replace the Alternator on a 1994 Dodge Caravan?
How much the cost if u buy a fuel pump dodge caravan 2001 model....
I forgot to add that the motor in this 94 Dodge Grand Caravan ES is a 3.3L
for a 1994 Grand Caravan (probably like the 1995) see: How do you replace the headlight assembly located on a 1994 Dodge Caravan? for a 1994 Grand Caravan (probably like the 1995) see: How do you replace the headlight assembly located on a 1994 Dodge Caravan?
No, completely different bell housing patterns.
No, the seat attachments are at different widths.
No, 1994 is OBD 1
By completely removing the wiper tray assembly you can then gain easy access to the alternator. The wiper assembly is held on by aprox 6 screws and one electrical connection.
The 1994 Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan takes a 22" driver side, 18" passenger side and 18" rear replacement windshield wiper blades.
If a Dodge Ram 1994-1997 If a Dodge Caravan 1992-1995
fuel tank capacity on 1994 Grand caravan is 77 litres.
How do I adjust the idle on a 1994 Dodge Caravan?
My 1994 holds 20 gallons:)
Under the back of the van.
The 1994 Dodge Caravan recommended battery cold cranking amps is 550. If you live in a cold climate you probably will want a bigger battery.
Dodge does not use inertia/reset switches.
Very Carefully. For all the directions look at your owners manual it's really easy.