Much like the Volvo, you need a dealship tool to remove. Another way to make money off of aftermarket parts. The tool alone for the Volvo headlight assembly is $100.00. That's rediculous. just hope the tool isn't as much and hope the headlamp isn't much but will likely be even more than the tool itself
Rick C.M, of Michigan
so what is the answer? how do you chang the light bulb?
I own a 1997 Mazda Protege DX and changing the headlight bulb is relatively simple. Mine took a replacement bulb number 9003 I used silverstar bulbs (they are bright but burn out fairly quickly) I seem to replace them yearly...however I drive about 2 hours each day and use my lights whether it is day or night.
So I change my bulbs by:
1. Pop the hood and locate the back of the headlight assembly,
2. The electircal wire that clips onto the back of the build can be removed by squeezing the tab on the clip and pulling the wire straight off toward the rear of the car
3. At this point you should now view the 3 prongs of the bulb protruding slightly through a black protective rubber dust cover.....There is a rubber "tab" on the cover that you grab and carefully pull back to remove the cover, then place cover aside
4. Now you should be able to see the back of the bulb, which is held in place by a horizontal "U" shaper wire, the wire is hindged at one side and latched at the other. To unlatch locate the end that is held by tension under a small hook.
5. Use forefinger to lightly depress and remove wire from behind small hook and the "swing" the U-shaped wire like a small door open exposing the bulb
6. Grasp the prong of the build and remove bulb.
***IMPORTANT, examine the "dead bulb" and practice inserting it a couple of times, with the 3 metal guide-wings aligned correctly into the slots....you do not want to bump the new bulb on any part of the car when installing and be careful to not touch the glass with your fingers or your will dramatically shorten your bulb life.
7. Grasp new build by one of the prongs insert into the back of the headlight assembly..just how you practiced > Close the U-shaped metal "door" > Latch the door and ensure the latch is in place securely > Replace rubber dust cover, snap electircal wire back on and you are set.
This may sound difficult but takes less than 10 minutes (5 if you have done it before).
does a 1997 1.5l maxda protege have a timing belt or timing chain. When should i change it.
Yes it does have ABS. The older Protege 1997 and older dosnt.
need more info my friend
It is the center to the right of the engine...
Center of the dash board you moron.
Should be the tensioner that the Alternator belt goes to
Above the brake pedal,its black plastic.
need to replace the intake manifold gasket
Change headlight 1997 ford van
MY Mazda 1997 protege 1.5 takes the green one I think. and My car is a Canadian one meaning in winter it gets really cold. I love this car to death. Sam,
not likely. the 1997 Mazda protege is a different chassis than the 1999 protege (BHA to BJ, respectively). the two transmissions between the two generations are also different, the BHA utilizing the FB4A-EL automatic transmission and the BJ utilizing the FN4A-EL automatic transmission. they also have different engines. you're better off going to a junkyard and pulling a auto trans from a third generation protege (1999-2003)...that would work. if you have any further questions, you can follow this link: www.protegefaq.net hope this helps!
change a headlight on a 1997 plymoth voyager
the fuel pump is in the gas tank itself. You have to remove the back seat to get at it.
may be you get a replacment stalk?
It is not equipped with a fuel pump reset button. Check the fuse and relay.
you can't fix a sensor, you can replace one by removing it and installing the new one...:)
Check for a loose power steering belt.
Buy a kit at Wal-Mart or auto parts comes with instructions
On my 1997 Protege a hose runs from the valve cover to the air intake assembly. Where the hose connects to the valve cover is the PCV valve.
Where is what?