1) Run the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature, then shut it off
2) Open the hood and remove the engine oil fill cap. Remove the oil drain bolt and washer from the bottom of the engine. Drain the oil into a proper container
3) Remove the oil filter and let the remaining oil drain.
4) Install a new oil filter
5) Put a new washer on the drain bolt, the reinstall the drain bolt.
6) Refill the engine with the recommended oil
7) Replace the engine oil fill cap. Start the engine. The oil pressure indicator light should go out.
8) Let the engine run for several minutes and check the drain bolt and oil filter for leaks
9) Turn off engine, let sit for several minutes, then check the oil level. If necessary, add oil to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick
The recommended oil change for a 2002 Honda Civic is every 5,000 miles. If synthetic oil is used oil can be changed every 10,000 miles.
3.5-3.75qts including filter change
The 2002 Honda Civic (all trim levels) can hold up to 4.4 quarts or oil. So, it's best to put at least 4 quarts with every oil change.
Yes. All cars will require an oil filter change, normally recommended when the car gets an oil change.
Take it to a Honda Civic garage / mechanic.
3.5-3.75qts including filter change.
( DX, LX, ) 3.4 qt ( EX, HX, ) 3.7 qt
A 1 Honda Civic 8th Gen. : Oil change + Tire rotation
WITH GREAT DIFFICULTY
Ask A Mechanic Online Now
SAE 5w20 any major brand.