1) Run the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature, then shut it off
2) Open the hood and remove the engine oil fill cap. Remove the oil drain bolt and washer from the bottom of the engine. Drain the oil into a proper container
3) Remove the oil filter and let the remaining oil drain.
4) Install a new oil filter
5) Put a new washer on the drain bolt, the reinstall the drain bolt.
6) Refill the engine with the recommended oil
7) Replace the engine oil fill cap. Start the engine. The oil pressure indicator light should go out.
8) Let the engine run for several minutes and check the drain bolt and oil filter for leaks
9) Turn off engine, let sit for several minutes, then check the oil level. If necessary, add oil to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick
The recommended oil change for a 2002 Honda Civic is every 5,000 miles. If synthetic oil is used oil can be changed every 10,000 miles.
The 2002 Honda Civic (all trim levels) can hold up to 4.4 quarts or oil. So, it's best to put at least 4 quarts with every oil change.
3.5-3.75qts including filter change
Yes. All cars will require an oil filter change, normally recommended when the car gets an oil change.
Take it to a Honda Civic garage / mechanic.
3.5-3.75qts including filter change.
( DX, LX, ) 3.4 qt ( EX, HX, ) 3.7 qt
A 1 Honda Civic 8th Gen. : Oil change + Tire rotation
You should change the air filter in your Honda Civic when it is dirty or at every second oil change. Most filters will last for two oil changes through standard daily driving.
Standard oil filter will work well on a 2002 Honda Civic. They all serve the same purpose to when taken care of properly will be disposed and replaced ever few months.
WITH GREAT DIFFICULTY
Ask A Mechanic Online Now
Honda Civic and CR-V newer than 2002
SAE 5w20 any major brand.
An oil pump on a 1994 Honda Civic is found in the bottom end of the engine. To replace the oil pump the engine will require a rebuild as the crankshaft will have to come off as well.
My recommendation is every 5,000 miles change the oil & filter.
NO.An oil change will not harm the sensor.
It means that you need to change your oil.
you have to little transmission oil in your box.
You should change the oil in a 1994 Honda Civic every 3 months or 3,000 miles. This ensures that contaminants and metal shards are not allowed to continuously circulate inside the engine.
Honda civic 2003 -what is the best engine oil for hot weather?
3.5 quarts with a oil/filter change.
B1= engine oil change, engine oil filter change and a tire rotation.
We found the oil filter about mid car behind the oil pan.