Parenting and Children
Divorce and Marriage Law
Court Procedure

How do you file Contempt of court charges against parent for not letting me see child?

User Avatar
Wiki User
July 12, 2007 6:22PM

Go to the courthouse from which the court order was issued. Explain to the court clerk how the order has been violated and that you want to file a contempt charge. The clerk will give you a "Show Cause" (or similar) form to fill out. The court will issue a summons to appear for court - don't miss the court date.