Children and the Law
Child Support

How do you get a court order for a DNA test in Texas?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-09-13 02:07:16

Texas treats paternity or parentage establishing as a contested


The mother wishing to receive child support files the suit for

support and the alledged father is served.

The father has the legal right to contest the suit and if he

does a paternity test is ordered.

If he does not contest the charge or fails to appear at the

hearing he will probably lose the suit by default and child support

will be granted.

If the male signed an affidavit of acknowledgement of paternity

upon the birth of the child it is extremely difficult to have the

status changed.

The best option is to consult with or retain an attorney

qualified in family law.

we are in the state of west Virginia

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.