Best Answer

Complete 420A/Neon MegaSquirt EMS Kit, will replace your Neon's computer and remove the governor

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2011-09-12 04:47:52
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do you get rid of the governor in a 2003 Dodge Neon sxt?
Write your answer...
Related questions

How do you get rid of the governor in a 2005 Dodge Neon sxt?

It is part of the computer programming and can not be removed.

How do you get rid of the governor in a 1997 Plymouth neon?

buy a new computer from mopar

How do you get rid of your governor on your 98 dodge ram 1500 5.9?

The engine speed limiter is part of the computer programming and is not removable. You would have to replace/ reprogram the computer.

How much does a new speed sensor cost for a 96 neon?

call the parts store or get rid your neon.

How do I prevent my wiper blades from icing up on my 1999 dodge neon?

1. Remove blades from Neon. 2. Replace old vehicle with replacement Neon. 3. Attach previously removed blades to new vehicle. Note: A replacement 99 neon should run you about $3.99. You might be able to get one for free as some folks just can't seem to get rid of them. New blades would cost between $12.00 and $20.00.

How can I take the governor off of my camaro 1998 Z28?

you have to have the computer reprogrammed to get rid of the speed sensor or governor as you call it.

Why did Dodge get rid of the Magnum?

The Dodge Magnum was discontinued in 2008 due to low sales numbers.

How do you remove the governor on a 1995 Monte Carlo Z34?

you have to reprogram the computer to get rid of the governor, call summit racing to see if they make a program for your car.

What does the Engine light on a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan mean?

I own a 2003 dodge grand caravan. the check engine light has come on twice. The first time is was a bad fuel hose in the engine which was very expensive to fix. the second time it was the air conditioning compressor that had blown up this too was a very expensive repair, I have since gotten rid of the van 2003 dodge vans have several recalls and problems. Oh I almost forgot, the transmission went out at only 30,000 miles, even with my warranty I had to pay 1500 dollars. My advice is buy a ford or chevy.

How do you take the speed governor off of a 2001 Camaro?

you have to have the computer reprogrammed to get rid of the speed sensor or governor as you call it. just buy a hypertech programmer and you can fix it. they cost 300.00

Can the Governor fire the mayor?

No. The governor cannot fire the mayor of a city. If the governor really wanted to get rid of a mayor, he could help organize a recall election, or if laws were broken he might seek an indictment, but he cannot simply remove a mayor.

Your dodge1998 stratus will not stay running when it lets a little warm?

Any dodge car from about 1995 to 2001....stratus, neon, avenger, intrepid, etc is very unreliable and extremely expensive to fix. If you can get rid of it for something else I defiantly would, and research repair problems associated with the next vehicle you purchase.

What are the ratings and certificates for Two and a Half Men - 2003 How to Get Rid of Alan Harper 11-16?

Two and a Half Men - 2003 How to Get Rid of Alan Harper 11-16 is rated/received certificates of: USA:TV-14

How do you get rid of a governor in cal?

You start a petition and when you get enough voters signatures you recall him. Several years ago Gray Davis was recalled.

Is there a death tax in new Hampshire?

New Hampshire got rid of death tax in 2003.

Where can you buy a used Dodge Ram in Houston?

There are a few places to go when you are looking to buy a used dodge ram in Houston, one may be to get one from a car lot or you can get one from someone who is getting rid of one.

Where is the speed sensor located on 2003 Monte Carlo?

It's controlled by the computer, to rid it you have to reprogram the computer.

2000 dodge neon engine light is on?

flick your key on and off 3 times really fast the gauge cluster will read codes starting with a p write down the codes and look them up also you can temporarily get rid of the check engine light by disconnecting the negative battery cable and turning your key a couples times with the battery still disconnected this will get rid of the light for about a day or so but the problem causing the check engine light will need to be fixed to get it to go away permanantly....

Why neon and argon do not form compounds?

because they are both noble gases... the valance (or outermost electron shell) is full of electrons so neither argon nor neon need to get rid of or gain electrons. Essentially, both atoms do not need to react to become stable; they are already stable

What are the release dates for The Dave Gold Show - 1998 8 Ways to Get Rid of a Guy?

The Dave Gold Show - 1998 8 Ways to Get Rid of a Guy was released on: USA: 2003

Where is the Location of governor gear on 1995 Nissan 200 sx?

There is no governor. The rev and speed limiters are programmed to the ECU. You can get rid of the speed limiter and up your rev to 7500 by (direct bolt on) swapping the stock ECU for one from an Infiniti G20 or G20t (OBD2)

How can you get rid of the thing on facebook that says your ineligible to register?

Put in a birth date that you can join if your that age! September 13, 2003

How do you get rid of that mildew smell from the heating system in dodge caravan?

I found this tutorial "How to Remove Odors from Your Car" that may be of benefit - see relevant link below .

Is there a way to get rid of the governor on a 05 Chevy with the 53 motor?

i have a hypertech, but any aftermarket handheld programmer should allow you to remove the top speed limiter from the stock computer program.

Why did Jerry Brown get rid of the governor's mansion in Sacramento?

Jerry Brown has promised to cut spending. He has enough money. This is his 3rd time as Governor of the state. He has his own home. It is to save money.

People also asked

How did Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife die?

View results