How do you get the console off a Mercedes-Benz 190-Series to replace the heater core or inspect the O rings for leakage?
I havn't done the heater core specifically, but I can walk you through on how to get the dash off.
Part 1. center console
1. Remove cigarette tray by angling the dish up and out at a 45 degree angle.
2. There should now be two Phillips head screws visible below where the removable tray was...remove them.
3. Slide the rest of the tray and cigarett lighter out, and unplug the lighter. (PS you might want to unplug the batt.)
4. Now you should have two more Phillips head screws visible below where the tray was, remove these also.
5. remove the swivel vents. (be very careful as they are fragile, I use needle nose pliers and very firmly yet gently release one side at a time for each vent)
6. Remove these screws that become visible
7. unplug radio and remove. (on an 86, to remove the wood plate below the radio, pull straight down and then out once the hooks are clear)
8. slide forward air-con unit and unplug
9. now the center console should be able to come out. you have to slide the bottom out first.
10. un plug fan control and completely remove center console.
Part 2 steering wheel and instrument cluster.
1. To remove the steering wheel, first make sure the batt. is detached so that when SRS is detached, it does not set off (have heard that having batt conected can cause this, not sure if its true, but play it safe)
2. There are two screws needed to be loosened to remove SRS. They are located on the back of steering wheel. cant recall the size, but i remember it was a star bit.
3. use Allen wrench to remove steering wheel center bolt. Wheel now slides straight off. (when putting it back on, i just slid the wheel on and when for a short drive down my road, which happens to be perfectly straight, and i made adjustments for alighment.)
4. Now the inst. cluster for this you need two special hooks. look in star magazine or other places where they sell mb parts.
slide hooks in on diaganols of cluster and hook the plate.
5. slide a ruler in the dead center of the top to unlatch the securing tab.
6. Use wiggling to pull out cluster w/ hooks.
7. Unplug connectors ( if your speedo cable is not very long like mine, yo will have to remove all foot well panels and reach up andfeel for the cable and disconnect it)
Part 3 The actuall Dash.
1. start by removing all foot well panesl so that the bolts can be accessed
(don't forget the plastic black trim that goes right below the steering wheel)
2. pop out sunroof switches adn disconnect
3. remove speaker grills
4. Remove the six (or seven) major bolts holding dash in place. They are located under the speaker grills, under the plastic black trim, on inside of doors, and underneath the trim located beneath the glove box.
5. remove the B pillar covors, (just clips)
6. now unplug the center air vent deflector (the thing that regulates air flow in the center vents. to do this there is a small Allen wrech nut inside the switch....disconnect it.)
7. remove glove box interior (remove vanity light and undo clips)
8. unplug the vent connectors for the outside vents (just pop off)
9. Pull out the dash, i found this to be easies using, first of all, two people, and starting with the pass. side of the car.
Have fun putting this all back together.
I found that to just take the dash off, it took me about 8 hours
good luck, and remember, MB designed all of their parts to come off, don't force anything
Check Vehicle (S) While driving the vehicle, check the proper operation of the engine, transmission, brakes and steering. Ch Inspect Ball Joint Inspect ball joints and dust covers for cracking and wear. Brake Hose/Line Inspect brake lines and hoses for chafing, cracks, deterioration and leakage. Brakes and Traction Control Inspect brake linings and drums/discs. Check parking brake operation and brake pedal free-play. Constant Velocity Joint Boot Inspect driveshaft boots and retorque flange bolts. Drive Belt…
Suspension: Check for wear or damage Inspect ball joints and control arms Inspect shocks and struts Inspect bushings and linkages Steering Check and verify proper operation Inspect steering linkage and tie-rod ends Inspect steering pump and hoses for leakage Inspect steering gear and boots Flush power steering fluid* Fuel System Replace fuel filter (some vehicles)* Inspect fuel lines and fuel tank mounts Brakes Check, adjust and test for proper operation Inspect pad surfaces and rotor…
1997 Chevy Malibu air conditioning O rings where are they located so I can inspect them and replace if needed. 8-20-08?
They Seldom Go Bad. Inspect For Leakage And Sticking. If Yours Stuck Replace It, And The Brake Hose Also. One Reason We Have Trouble With Calipers Is Not The Caliper But The Brake Hose. The Hose Will Rot On The Inside Not Allowing The Brake Fluid To Flow Back Into The Master Cylinder There For Causing Calipers To Stick. If Yours Isn`t Leaking It Should Be OK. Be Sure To Inspect The Brake Hoses, If…
Seat leakage is defined as leakage that is internal to a valve-between the inlet and outlet sides of the valve-when the valve is in its closed position. It is not limited to leakage across the valve seat, but also encompasses all leakage across the valve trim when the valve is in the closed position. Leakage across internal trim seals, such as piston rings, and across trim-to-body seals, such as gaskets, can be counted as seat…
Strikemaster mag 2000 bogs down when applying the throttle and dies also noticed gas leaking from bottom of carb is this normal?
It appears that the engine floods when you apply the throttle, thus why it bogs down, and the leakage from the bottom of the carburetor. Inspect the air filter to ensure it is not clogged or dirty. If the problem is not there, inspect the spark plug and clean or replace it if necessary. If the problem persists, then the carburetor settings are probably too rich. If that is the case, rotate the needle valve…
leakage reactance in induction motor depends on the reluctance of the path in which the leakage flux is establishing. with the increase in stator current the leakage flux also increases but it cannot maintain linear relationship because of saturation of the leakage flux path, even though current is increasing the flux will not increase and it'll be constant after saturation. this leakage flux links with the stator winding and induces emf which will be opposite…
Usually if one has ceiling water damage there will be signs of moisture leakage on the ceiling. One should inspect the roof for loose shingles and make sure that the gutters are cleared from any clogs due to leaves. Other signs might be a musty odour, bulging or sagging ceilings or perhaps even rust showing on metal light fixtures/
In economics, a leakage is defined as something that leaves the economy (is a non-consumptive usage of income . Using the Circular Flow of Income, the common leakages in an economy are savings, taxation and imports. Savings are a leakage, because when an individual saves money, this means that this income isn't being used up as consumption, therefore is defined as a leakage. Taxation is also a leakage, because the government takes money out of…
The English term 'leakage' can have several meanings, including: 1. an unwanted discharge of a fluid or gas from from a container which was designed not to leak; 2. an unwanted leakage of electrical current from something (such as a battery) which should not normally lose any current when it is disconnected from a circuit.