The water pump for the 1995 Geo Metro is a little above and in front of the alternator. It is also bracketed behind the timing belt. So if you do not know how to or do not have the tools to work with anything involving the timing belt, I would recommend that you take your vehicle to a professional.
Removal of water pump:
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable
2. Drain the cooling system.
a. WARNING: Drain into a closable container so as not to poison your surroundings and pets.
3. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
4. Loosen but do not remove the 4 water pump pulley bolts.
5. Raise and support the vehicle.
6. Remove the lower splash shield.
7. Remove the AC compressor drive belt.
8. Remove the lower alternator cover plate bolts.
9. Loosen the alternator adjusting bolt
10. Remove the drive belt.
11. Remove the crankshaft pulley.
12. Remove the water pump pulley.
13. Remove the timing belt.
14. Remove the oil level dipstick and guide tube.
15. Remove the alternator adjusting bracket from the water pump.
16. Remove the water pump rubber seals.
17. Remove the water pump mounting bolts and nuts.
18. Remove the water pump from the vehicle.
Installation: Pretty much use removal instructions but go backwards. I'll list bolt tightening in order that they should appear.
1. Clean the gasket mating surfaces
2. Check the water pump by hand for smooth operation.
a. If the pump does not operate smoothly; replace it.
b. Install the pump using a new gasket and tighten bolts to 115 inch lbs
3. Install new rubber seals.
4. Install the upper alternator adjusting bracket and tighten bolt to 17 ft lbs.
5. When you get to the alternator cover plate and the bolts tighten to 89 inch lbs.
6. When you get to the water pump pulley mounting bolts tighten to 18 ft lbs
7. When you get to alternator adjustment bolt tighten to 17 ft lbs
Remove the belt from your 1999 Chevy Metro water pump. Remove the water pump return hose. Remove the water pump retaining bolts. Reverse the process to replace the water pump.
how to replace water pump on Nissan quest 3.0 1995
To replace the water pump in the 1995 Buick Roadmaster, begin by first removing the pins that hold the water pump drive to the water pump. Then, pry the timing cover off of the water pump area.
Remove the belt from your 1995 Chevrolet water pump. Remove the water pump hose. Remove the water pump retaining bolts. Reverse the process to install the new water pump.
Remove the water pump belt from your 1995 VW Golf. Remove the water pump belt. Remove the water pump retaining bolts. Use a new gasket and reverse the process to install the new water pump.
it has a 2.2 vtech engine
do not have a clue!!!!good luck though. i need the same answer only for a 1999 metro:(
The water pump does not have a specified life span. The time to replace it is when it is leaking or noisy.
with special tool about 1hr.
buy a chilton's book.
Its behind the timing belt cover