First, you will be replacing the whole hub assembly. The wheel bearings cannot be serviced individually, you must replace the whole hub.
1. Remove the wheel
2. Remove the brake caliper, make sure you support the caliper so it is not hanging by the brake line.
3. Remove the caliper bracket.
4. Disconnect the ABS wires.
5. Loosen your axle nut until it is almost all the way off the shaft.
6. Remove the three bolts holding the hub to the strut.
7. Pull on the hub while hitting the axle nut with a hammer until the hub loosens. (An assistant is helpful at this point).
8. Remove the axle nut and hub.
9. Replace hub by reversing the above procedures.
10. Take comfort in the fact that EVERYONE who has ever owned an Alero has had to do this a few times.
How do you change rear wheel bearing on 1999 alero?
To change a front wheel bearing on a 2002 Alero, secure wheels with a chock. Loosen lug nuts and lift the wheel?æwith a jack. Unscrew lug nuts and remove the wheel, the brake caliper, cotter pin, and castle nut. Remove the rotor and the hub bolts. Disassemble the hub assembly, remove the wheel bearing, and replace with new.?æ?æ
2. front left and front right.
How do you change a 1998 jimmy 4X4 front wheel bearing ?
how do i change front wheel bearing of kia sorento 2003
To replace the front wheel bearing on a Ford Fiesta, you will need to remove the wheel. Then with a hammer you can pull the old bearing out.
Change wheel bearing on 2006 mercury mariner
how do you change wheel bearing on 98 mercury mountaineer
how do you change front wheel bearing for 420 rancher
how do I get to the front bearing on a geo 4 wheel drive
You can adjust some free play in your front wheel bearing by tightening the wheel bearing retaining nut. The best thing you can do is change the wheel bearing.
how do you change a 1998 Honda accord front wheel bearing
Remove the tire and wheel from your Chevy Lumina. Remove the end of the axle. Remove the wheel bearing nut. Remove the wheel bearing seal and the wheel bearing. Reverse the process to install the new front wheel bearing.
to change a front wheel bearing remove macpherson strut and press out bearings with a press, replace with press.
Begin by removing the front tire and wheel from your Yamaha 1100. Remove the wheel bearing nuts. The wheel bearing will come off. Reverse the process to install your new wheel bearing.
how to change front wheel bearing 2001 jeep grand cherokee
Yes, You need access to a shop press to change the wheel bearing.
It sounds like you have more probalem than wheel bearing. TAke it to a front end shop
In order to change the front wheel bearing on a Nissan X-Trail, one must remove the hubcap from the tire, thusly remove the tire from the car's axel, and then feel around for the wheel bearing and dislocate it.
how do i replace front wheel bearings on golf 1.6 2002 model
how u do u remove a wheel bearing on a citroen xsara
No, a wheel bearing should not set off a low tire pressure light in a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero.