Can you call your local Chevy dealer and have them provide the code? You may need to go there and prove proof of ownership. I purchased a radio for my '97 from a salvage yard and didn't need any code nor have I when I've had the neg batt cable off for an extended period of time. I think the first place is to the Chevy dealer and ask them. Hope this helps. Steve H.
Lead acid batteries use a weak solution of sulfuric acid in water as an electrolyte. Some of the water evaporates if it is not a sealed battery, causing the electrolyte to become more acidic than normal. Adding water to the correct water level makes up for the evaporation and restores the battery acid solution to its proper strength.
An auto battery could be leaking for a couple of reasons. The alternator could be overcharging the battery causing the leakage. Or the battery itself could have a short or other internal problem causing it to leak when charging.
something is causing a drain on the battery when switch is turned off
There is a short in the switch. Replace it/.
Leaking from where on the battery, the caps? If so the charging system may be over charging the battery and causing the acid to boil out. Could be a voltage regulator problem.
Yes, that would definitely drain the battery.
Dirty battery connections created a spark when cranking the starter on a possibly overcharged/overheated battery causing an explosion.
Drain? of what? Electricity or Battery Acid?if is electricity drain, the batteries last somewhere 3-5 YEARS, most of the time wen going sort trips to the store and around town the alternator it Doe's not have enough time to bring the battery to the proper level of charge, there for is causing the plates to replace the lose of electricity causing the plates to prematurely age and then one or more banks to dye making the battery useless, some part store or eBay they have liquid that you insert in each bank and dissolves the sediments , there for bringing the battery to it's previous level.GOOD LUCK:-)
A bulging battery is an indication the is a short INSIDE the battery and it is getting overheated, causing gas to expand inside. It could explode on you.
In a hypertonic solution the cell's fluid will move out of the cell and into the surrounding solution (osmosis) , causing the cell to shrink.
A solution greater than 0.9% NaCl is hypertonic. In such a solution, the cells shrivels up causing a process called creanation
If its an old battery the cells could be dried up, meaning there is not enough battery acid in it, or if you leave your lights on, or a bad alternator could be causing the battery to not charge while the car is running.
Dead cell in the battery itself which requires you replace the battery. Can also be any light on the vehicle that is on pulling power from the battery. It can also be a relay that is stuck closed.
the battery has sex with the CD by penetrating the CD's hole causing friction to make it work.
because of the substance causing it to do the solution
Battery may have been weak the previous day and when trying to start created excessive heat through the starter solenoid causing it to "weld" in the closed postion. When charged battery was installed solenoid was already in closed position. May release itself or solenoid may have to be replaced
The acid will leak out making the battery less effective and causing everything around it to get eaten up.
Nothing, the battery did it's only job by cranking the vehicle. Now it is up to the alternator to keep all electrical working while the car is in operation.
Some light may be on pulling power from the battery. Can also be a stuck relay. The new battery is possibly defective. Alternator can be weak.
Running a cooling tray off the battery will put an additional load on the battery causing it to run down faster
Have you had the alternator tested? It may not be regulating the energy to the battery, causing it to drain