Transmissions and Drivetrains
Transmission Fluid
Pontiac Le Mans

How would you access the filler plug on your manual transmission for a 1996 Firebird?

Be the first to answer!


Be the first to answer!

Who doesn't love being #1?

Be the first to answer this question.

Related Questions

The transmission fluid filler is located in the back of the engine compartment on the 2007 Accent manual transmission. You fill it by removing the dipstick.

A Manual Transmission has no "Filler Cap" there is a Filler Plug on the side of the transmission where you check and fill from. I advise purchasing a manual if you plan on D.I.Y. Here is an online source Hope This Helps.

The manual transmission usually has a plug in the side of the transmission that can be used to check the transmission and also used as a filler hole.

I believe if both have a manual T5 transmission it will.

Should be a filler plug at side of transmission

Some GM transmissions are sealed for life and have no filler tube. Refer to your owners manual for the scheduled maintenance on the transmission.

The drain fill on a 1997 Dodge Avenger manual transmission is on the bottom of the transmission. It is located up from the drain plug.

NOPE, manual transmission you usually shouldn't run low on oil in a stick. If you really would like to check you can follow what it says in the owners manual where it says to check it by taking out the filler bolt and see if the oil is level with the filler hole.....

Automatic 4L60 Manual T-56 What else do you want to know?

There is no transmission dip stick for a manual transmission. You have to get under the car, remove the filler plug, and either look in the hole or stick your finger in to see how much fluid is in there.WTH? How do you fill it? Whats so hard about having a filler neck? Does anyone know the best way to fill? where is the filler plug?

No dipstick, just filler level plugs on the transmission and the transfer boxes.

Half way up the side on the drivers side of the transmission

if its an automatic you put it in through the filler tube or trans dipstick tube if manual on the side of the transmission

manual transmission in a 1997 eclipse take 2.1 qts of mopar transmission fluid . there's a drain plug in bootom and filler plug is on side of transmission next to driver side axle

There is a plug on the side of the transmission that may require a 3/8 square drive like on your ratchet.

manual trannys dont have fill plugs, most trannys dont have fluid of any kind

for an automatic the dip stick tube. for a manual there is a filler cap on the side of the transmission.

Drivers side, about half way up the side of the trans, should be a torx bolt.

5 speed manual 3.4 quarts 6 speed manual 4 quarts automatic 5 quarts

Your manual trans will use Dextron III Auto fluid. Yes, it uses Auto Fluid. That blew me away when I found that out. I thought it would have used gear oil, but that is not the case for the Firebird.

You have to get under the vehicle. On the drivers side of the transmission, you'll see two hex bolts. One has the letters FILL next to it and the other has DRAIN. FILL is

Filler/level plug is located on the gearbox very similar to a manual box filler/level plug there is no dipstick fitted to this model.

According to the 1998 Ford F-150 owners manual : Motorcraft MERCON automatic transmission fluid is used in the 5 speed manual transmission ( 3.5 litres / 3.75 U.S. quarts , fill to 3/8 inch below bottom of filler hole )

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.