Citizenship and Marriage
Federal Laws

If a US citizen marries a Mexican illegal immigrant in Mexico who has been deported twice and lived in the US under a false identity can he move back to the US with his spouse and become a US citizen?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-11-15 07:29:30
2005-11-15 07:29:30

Not until he/she gets a green card or at least permission by the USCIS, based on your marriage in Mexico. Now about the name jumble: It would be in his/her favor that he/she did not use his/her real name in the USA while illegal, specially since he/she has been deported at least once. That is if he/she never used his/her real name while illegally in the USA, so as far as the INS is concerned, he/she was never here (the USA). That said, I hope that he/she used his/her real name when she married you in Mexico. I think you know why. Now, go to the USCIS or an immigration attorney and file the paperwork to bring you foreing husband/wife to the USA. Actually, it's OK if he/she (the immigrant) used his/her real name while illegally in the U.S. As long as he/she did not give his/her real name when deported. The reason for this is the possible 3 to 10-year ban for entering the country illegally AND being deported at least once.


Related Questions

If he is an illegal immigrant he probably will be. If he is legally in the coutnry he will be afforded the same court privileges as a citizen.

The citizen spouse has no recourse to the action as US immigration laws no longer allow a citizen spouse to apply for residency for an illegal immigrant spouse. The Mexican national will have to leave the US and file under the required USCIS regulations for reentry.

Shoplifting isn't a serious crime, however, if the shoplifter is illegal and the police find out, it's a huge possibility that the illegal could be deported. If the immigrant is a legal U.S. citizen, then no.

the imagrant should be deported or become a citizen. technicly the baby is a legal citizen.

IF YOU MARRY A MEXICAN, HE DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY BECOME AN AMERICAN CITIZEN. THE ONLY THING THAT MARRAIGE ESTABLISHES WHEN YOU MARRY A MEXICAN IS PERMANENT RESIDENT ALIEN STATUS FOR HIM. HE CAN ONLY KEEP THIS IF YOU REMAIN MARRIED FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF YEARS. IF HE WISHES TO BECOME A CITIZEN, HE MUST TAKE THE TEST AND PASS. I married an illegal Mexican immigrant and I was told by an immigration officer that he can be deported until we have been approved for a visa number, but that some immigration officers will be lenient if the immigrant has papers with him showing that the process is underway.

Yes, if his status is brought to the attention of the immigration authorities.

Yes the illegal would be deported and the U.S. citizen who entered into this fraud marriage fined and possibly jailed.

If the immigrant entered ILLEGALLY, then there is ABSOLUTELY a chance of deportation, even with marriage to citizen and anchor baby. The only exception would be if immigrant filed a I-130 before Arpil 2001 while living inside the country.

You must move to Mexico with your spouse and live there for two years with an immigrant visa, then you can apply for Mexican citizenship. You can have both a Mexican and a US passport and be a dual citizen. If you were not married to a Mexican citizen, you would have to live there for four years.

No if the marriage is only for becoming legal. The person who marries an illegal to make them legal is breaking federal laws, can be arrested, and serve prison time. The illegal will be deported.

Yes, they can. Unless a child is born in the US it is not considered a citizen of the country. Once the child is born in the US, it will have citizenship. Until that time, the mother can be deported at any time.

Most foreigners can obtain a Mexican passport if they move to Mexico with an immigrant visa and live there for four years (2 years if married to a Mexican citizen). Then one can apply for Mexican citizenship and passport.

No. The marriage would not be allowed. Also, marrying a US citizen regardless of the circumstances does not prevent an illegal immigrant from being deported.

As long as they're a citizen they cannot be deported, there would be no point to it.

Marrying a US citizen does not automatically make the other person a citizen. Spouses of US citizens can and do get deported everyday. Send him back home and apply for him while he is not in the U.S.

my dad was deported 4 times. and as of 2004 he is a citizen.

No. You must be physically present in Mexico in order to obtain this ID. It is not available by mail, internet, or at Mexican consulates.

Individuals do not decide whether or not a non citizen qualifies to be deported. Such concerns should be addressed to the Immigration Customs Enforcement agency. (ICE).

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.