If a person runs away and gets married in another state is that marriage void or voidable?

If the marriage is legal in the state where it was performed then it will be accepted as legal by other states.

Most states require 2 forms of picture ID to receive a marriage license. (LICENSE) And then there is the 3 day wait before you are granted permission to wed. In all 50 states, you need to have at least one parent's permission and they must be present to give you permission. And if you are under the age of 18 and your fiance is over the age of 18, that is a actual criminal crime for him to take you out of state. Its a FELONY and he will have at least 5 years in jail. If you are under the age of 16, even being with you is a FELONY and he could get up to 25 years in prison because of your age. Really, 3 years of distance and pain is much better than 5 to 25, agreed? Besides, marriage is nothing more than a comittment you make in your heart, with a piece of paper to make it legal. Why not have a nice local "promise ceremony" in front of all your friends and accepting ones, and the day you turn 18, make it legal in the eyes of the government. But keep you (YOUR)ceremony as your original anniversary date.

sounds to me like it doesnt matter if your inmature enough to run away obviously your too inmature to be married so young your also making the rest of us young people trying to get married look bad and lowering our chances

IF the age of majority in your home state is 19 or 21 and the man is over 19 then he can be charged under Federal Law USC 18. YOur parents can have the marriage annulled, the man could serve up to 15 years. If there is evidence of a relationship prior to the marriage the man can also be charged with the sexual assault of a minor. Alot depends on the parents. If you need to run away to marry then there is obviously some flaws with the relationship. You should stop and consider what the back lash of your actions will be