Asked in
Citizenship and Marriage
United Kingdom

If a student on a f1 visa is in the custody of INS and might be deported can a us citizen marry him to keep him here?


User Avatar
Wiki User
September 28, 2007 8:54PM

Yes, but you would have to provide Immigration with proof that they are marrying because of love and not so that the student can stay in the US.