Law & Legal Issues
Property Law
Deeds and Ownership

If an individual violates the terms of the easement by not paying the required dues and the easement is appurtenant to the land by deed what can be done legally?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-07-04 17:04:12

You need to seek the advice of a real estate attorney, perhaps

the one who represented you at the purchase. She/he can review the

obligations in the easement agreement and assist you in sending a

legal notice to the other party. They will be informed of the

amount owed, that they have breached the binding agreement and the

legal sanctions they will be subject to if they don't pay the

arrears and keep current in the future. Perhaps they can be held

responsible for your legal costs. That factor is often an attention

getter. If they don't respond within the allotted time period then

the attorney can advise you on how to proceed.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.