Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance Claims
Auto Accidents

If you have two vehicles insured by the same company and back into one of them will they pay for the damage to both vehicles?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 19:14:30
2015-07-15 19:14:30

Check your policy. It probably has an exclusion for any damage caused by another vehicle owned or operated by anyone on the policy. Otherwise, everyone with a junker would be ramming into it with the good car.


Related Questions

An unexpired lease can be reaffirmed or the vehicle can be surrendered. The leasing company will take the car back if you are surrendering it. Keep it insured or you will have to pay for any damage sustained by the vehicle or caused by the vehicle until the leasing company actually takes possession of it.

At least in the UK, and I belive in the states, it will depend on your insurance. Normally, if your insured to drive otehr vehicles on your policy, it will only pay to something you damage, not the vehoicle itself. Your best bet is to ring up the insureres and see.

The insured ** simply bill it back to the company that requires the bonding by including it in your pricing to them **

When you file a claim against your own company you must pay the deductible. Your company may pay you back the deductible only in cases where they go after someone else who was responsible for the damage and your company manages to collect for that damage. Some (not all) companies may also waive the deductible if the insured made no claim in the past 1 or 2 years, for example.

You can take back a claim for damage to your own property. You can't take back a claim where you are liable for damage to another party.

If you have not settled with the insurance company you will have to take it back. If the insurance has paid out it is their car.

no there was no such thing back then.

When you damage someones property you are liable for the costs of that damage. If you fail to pay for the damage you caused and the homeowners insurance company pays the bill, Then you now owe the Insurance company what you failed to pay to the homeowner. Its no different from an Auto Insurance accident. If you were at fault or rather "Liable" for the accident and you fail to pay the bill. The other vehicles Insurance may fix their insureds car and send you the bill. Just because someone else has to pay for the damages you caused does not mean you don't still owe the money. They only paid because you failed to pay timely. Think about this for a minute What if you Robbed a Bank. Naturally the Bank is insured so they will get their money back right away. Does that mean the bank robber gets to keep the money he stole? Of course not. If and When the Bank robber is finally caught he will still owe back the money he stole. But since the bank has already been reimbursed by its Insurer you now owe that money to the Insurance company who covered the theft.

Some insurance company policies cover being hit by an uninsured driver -check you policy. If not then you would have to sue the liable driver personally (only worth doing if you think he/she has any assets to cover the claim and the legal costs).

will not be comp (ever that i can imagine), these losses are covered under the collision coverage of your policy.

The car that hit you first is responsible for the entire accident. Hopefully he will have enough coverage to pay for the damage to all the vehicles.

Your motor vehicle record is forever. It is a complete compilation of your entire driving history from when you first got your permit up until the present day.AnswerFor Insurance Purposes however, Insurance companies only look back on your driving record for 3 to 5 years. It just depends on which company you are insured with.

In most states you would be held liable for a rear-end collision. Most states enact stiff penalties for non-insured drivers involved in an accident regardless of its severity. Injuries reported by the "victim" are on you if the victim cares to pursue it. His insurance company will most likely be in touch.

Slow moving vehicle. All vehicles that are not able to go proper speed are supposed to have the triangle on the back of the vehicle.

if you hurt at the back without damage through the spinal cord failure

The earthquake did a lot of damage to companies who produce in Japan, although according to the Hybridcars website, the damage did not inlcude the fatories, which produce the hybrid vehicels. I am sure that there will be a decrease in availability of these vehicles for a lengthy period of time, mainly due to getting the country back on its feet. Yet I am sure that operations will resume quickly.

Have the policy dated to have "save the ratable age" of the insured.

In the year of 1903. Ford Motor Company was the first ever automotive company. If it wasn't for Henry Ford, we would not have an automotive industry. And I guess it just pays back because Ford has some of the best-selling vehicles in the world. ***This is not accurate.

You still have rights to recover the vehicle. The finance company may help you look for it if they're desperate enough to get it back. Even if your car was insured, you would legally have to payback the finance company for the car since you broke a binding finance contract.

Only if there were another vehicle involved. If for instance you back into a tree you wouldn't want to make a claim, unless the damage exceeded the deductible. Perhaps not even then.

When a employee has to leave for personal reasons and is not paid for the time gone but is insured that when they came back they would get there job back too.

Yes, you would be wise (and your policy contract requires) to report this to your company so they can investigate, and officially get from the other driver they are not injured and there is no damage. I have seen these types of claims many times come back and 'bite' hard. Two months down the line the insured gets an attorney rep letter, claiming both injury and damages. By that time much evidence can be lost. For your own protection report the claim.

It really depends what state you live in. Although if you have full coverage on your vehicle you should report through your company and your company will go after the other insurance company to get their money back. If you have no collision coverage for your vehicle then you will need to file with the other insurance company and they will decide who was at fault for the accident, if their insured is at fault they will repair your vehicle

back their vehicles into parking spaces to assist in ease of leaving the parking lot.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.