Home Equity and Refinancing

If your name is not on the lease agreement and you stop making the payments will anything happen to you?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 18:48:47
2015-07-15 18:48:47

Depends on what state you are in and what you do with the car AFTER you stop paying the notes. Do you have a grand plan to get a free car?? Either pay the notes or turn the car in. Be a real friend and dont screw over someone.

If your friend purchased the car, he probably used you as a reference. Once the payments are no longer being made, the finance company will search through all of the referenced to see if they have the car. It is best to finance your own vehicle and turn this vehicle in. If you continue to pay on this vehicle and eventually pay off the loan, you will never see the title because your friend fled. What's the point on paying for something that you will never have clear title to.


Related Questions

User Avatar

No. A lender can foreclose only if you default on your mortgage payments. There are probably tens of thousands of homeowners who are making their mortgage payments on time even though their property has decreased in value. If there is no default there can be no foreclosure. I respectfully disagree. Okay it must be noted that we do not know the details in the lender's agreement with the signatory. Therefore it is possible for a lender to initiate foreclose based on something within the agreement something in the contract that has been violated. A foreclosure can in theory occur if you are making your payments because often times that is not the sole condition in the lender's agreement.

User Avatar

Yes, if the payments being rendered are not in accordance with the financial agreement. It is, however, unlikely that they would take such action as it would not be in anyone's best interest.

User Avatar

You would respond to the suit just like any other suit. File an answer that addresses each and every paragraph of the complaint with either an admission or denial. Then you would add that you have reached an agreement to pay the amount due and that you are making payments according to the terms of the agreement. This is an affirmative defense known as accord and satisfaction.

User Avatar

You can if you listed yourself as the lien holder of the car at the time you transferred the title to the person making payments. If you did not do this at the time you transferred them the title, you can not legally do anything.

User Avatar

The executor must make the payments from any assets of the deceased Estate until the Estate is settled.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.