Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-09-13 22:05:30
2011-09-13 22:05:30

he will stay American citizen....he has to apply to become a Canadian citizen or his wife has to apply for him and will have to tell the court that she has married him


Related Questions

As long as you are legally married to a US citizen, you are a citizen. it doesn't matter if you get divorced or not. YOU ARE A CITIZEN!

If your question here is "Can a legal immigrant get married to an U.S. citizen," then the answer is yes. In fact, I happen to have a very close family friend who is not an U.S. citizen and is married to one.

If an undocumented (illegal) immigrant is married to a U.S. citizen, then they are a U.S. citizen. So their divorce from another U.S. citizen won't affect the status of their child at all.

If you are born in Canada and your parents were not diplomats at the time of your birth, then you are already a Canadian citizen by law. You just need to get your birth certificate from the province in which you were born.Although, if you opt to be a Canadian citizen, you may lose your Pakistani citizenship. If you are not sure whether or not this will happen, ask the Pakistani embassy if you live abroad or contact the responsible authorities in Pakistan to find out.

Once you are officially married to an American citizen, you can not be deported from the country, unless you engage in a criminal offense.

It's very important to handle the steps with international marriages carefully and in the proper order; even though you are married, it could happen that he wouldn't be allowed into the U.S. unless you do everything correctly. It is essential that you talk to an immigration lawyer in the U.S. who can make sure that you do everything properly and in the right order. Do this before you get married.

The only thing that will happen is that they will put it on your credit report. The same goes for U.S. citizens and other.

u can be kicked out of the country and or be put into jail and never be able to return to the us

the child is a natural born citizen and a full citizen of the US

Your marriage ill be investigated when you apply for citizen ship, and if they find that you just married for citizenship, you will get deported and your spouse ill go to jail.

You will have no problem except for the having "no papers" part and being able to be here as a legal resident. You might want to look into becoming a legal resident if you were previously married to the baby's parent. Otherwise you will not be able to apply for residency under current laws until your baby is 21 years old. Good Luck.

Palms had to be greased before the Canadian Pacific Railway could be built.

Your spouse, as a US citizen, will need to file form I-130 (USCIS) for his stepson. It explicitly states that the marriage must happen before your son's 18th birthday in order to use this form. Otherwise, your son will need to wait until you are a citizen (at least 3 years) before you can petition for him.

because canadians wanted to be one. they wanted to REUNITE!

You need to follow up and get her a green card (at least) and work toward citizenship for her. That way, if something should happen to you, she can readily find work and have rights.

If you're living in the US and you are a US citizen, you can apply for a CR-1/IR-1 spouse visa. That will allow your spouse to live in the US permanently (at least as long as they're married to you). After three years, assuming you stay married, they can apply for naturalization and become a US citizen. If you are not a US citizen but are living in the US on a permanent resident visa ("Green card"), you can still apply for a spouse visa, but it will be an F class instead. It will take longer to get approval for it because those are lower priority than those for US citizens. If you are not a US citizen and you are also not on a permanent resident visa (you don't have a "green card"), then nothing happens. You'd have to find a way to stay legally or run the risk of deportation if/when your temporary visa ends.

it vanished and became outdated

It became flaccid. It wilted.

Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival happened on 2011-04-28.

wow why didnt you get a divorce first oh the citizen ship paper, kind messed up if you ask me yet something happen like that just dont know yr answer sorry

what would happen if you were not born then every thing in the future will not happen like getting married or get a job

Zuko became good and became Aang's firebending teacher. Then, when Aang defeated his father, he became 'Fire Lord Zuko'.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.