answersLogoWhite
Home & Garden
Swimming Pools
Pool Care and Cleaning

What do you do if your swimming pool has too much chlorine?

232425

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered
2011-06-23 23:48:02
2011-06-23 23:48:02
Lowering Chlorine LevelsThere is a product called "After Shock-Chlorine Reducer" by Jack's Magic. This will quickly lower the chlorine level in your pool. Please refer to manufacture for instructions on how to use with your swimming pool. Hope this helps!! ANSWER

While using Jack's Magic will work, it's mainly a marketing ploy to make you think you need a lot of special pool chemicals. Here's a cheaper method:

Stop adding chlorine, and let the sun burn out the excess.

001
๐Ÿฆƒ
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0

Related Questions


T see that it has the correct level of chemical (chlorine) in it. If there is too little the pool won't stay clean if there is too much it won't be good for swimming.


You should go to the swimming pool supply store or swimming pool supply section and get a kit. There will be instructions and chemicals in the kit. You put a chemical or little pill in the bottom of a tube and fill the tube with water from your pool. Then you compare the color of the water in the tube with the color on a chart. That tells you if you have enough chlorine in the pool. If you do not have enough chlorine you will have gunk growing in your pool. If you have too much chlorine, it will irritate your eyes. If you are going to be a way for an extended period of time, it would not hurt to add extra chlorine.


Be careful when testing for chlorine. No chlorine will have a clear reading but too much chlorine will cause bleaching of the test reagent confusing you to think you have no chlorine in the pool, try doing a dilution test where you dilute half pool water and half tap water, If coloured results appear with dilution you know you have too much chlorine. Swimming with too much chlorine can cause skin rashes irritations, discolouring of swim wear rotting the stitches, and blacken jewellry.


It is safe. That just means that the chlorine is not actively killing bacteria. It would be unsafe if there was too much chlorine.


Cooper or coPPer ? Too much cOOper , then ask Cooper to get out of the pool !!


We have a salt water pool and have no eye problems. Either you have too much saLt or chlorine. Take a sample to a local pool store for analysys.


yes you can bleach the liner or concrete and it can become very dangerous if someone was to go swimming


Too much chlorine added to the water.


It is very unlikely for someone to experience chlorine poisoning by swimming, even in highly chlorinated pool water. Nonetheless, be sure to shower after swimming, because regular, chlorinated pool water can easily irritate skin and hair.


Swimming pools without too much chlorine can begin to look contaminated as discolored due to the various particles and gases that could be hitting it. It is much more apparent outdoors than it is indoors.


The pool may have too much chlorine in it. Chlorine is very strong and can dry your skin our and cause it to feel irritated or itchy.


no he couldn't swim that's why he died he drack too much chlorine and passed out in the pool! no he couldn't swim that's why he died he drack too much chlorine and passed out in the pool!


If your pool water is ever milky you have too much or not enough chlorine


To have too much or too little chlorine in your pool can result in an ear infection pink eye stomach ache etc. therefore it is not safe.


Chlorine is not really an allergen (something that causes an allergy), but it is a mild-medium acid, and many people get an itchy rash after being exposed to too much chlorine, e.g. after swimming in a pool just after chlorine has been added. the best way to coulter this us to wash with fresh water wherever you have been exposed to chlorine (like having a shower after swimming)


A person can go to a plane after swimming in a 2M deep pool because the pressure is not too much.


Don't do anything. Chlorine goes away on its own, which is why you must monitor it and keep it at the correct level. If you have too much, wait a few days. If it is hotter than normal out, the chlorine will go away faster than normal.


Just wait it out the chlorine will dissipate after a couple of days. if you have a salt water pool turn the chlorine generator down or run the filter less often if possible.


Chlorine kills bacteria that's why it's used in pools and hot tubs, however you still need to rinse the piercing out after you have been swimming. Chlorine tends to dry the piercing out too much if left to evaporate off of the skin so just have a rinse in the shower after swimming in the pool.


How do you know that it is too high? If you are using a home test kit it will show the total chlorine, which includes free chlorine and combined chlorine. Only free chlorine can sanitize the pool. Combined chlorine is broken apart by "shocking" the pool with 1L liquid chlorine per 10000L of water in the pool. (For most pools 10L is fine if you're unsure of the pool volume.) Chlorine will disipate on its own anyways. Sidenote: Are you using a lot of chlorine pucks? They contain stabilizer, which is used to keep the chlorine from burning off in the sun too quickly. If it is overused the chlorine will burn off too slowly. Are you getting readings above 10.0 ppm of chlorine? What is too high? Do you smell the chlorine? Then there's not enough chlorine. Simple as that. K


your hair would probably go straggly and unhealthy from all the chlorine in the pool. chlorine stays in your hair even after u wash it, so use a swimming cap if u can to minimize the damage.


They may exist, but it is not likely. That is because a 100m swimming pool would be too inefficient. It would be to large and would require too much space, water, and chemicals.


Your local pool supply store sells a product called... Chlorine neutralizer! Pool & Spa In order to maintain this type of pool, you need more than just to dump the chlorine there. In addition to the chlorine, you will also need to add a few other chemicals to ensure that the right pH of the pool is maintained. Bear in mind that the pH level is very important. If it is too high, the chlorine will not be able to do its job well. If it is too low on the other hand, it becomes very acidic, which is not ideal for swimming.


No, swimming in chlorine pools does not prevent fleas on dogs. Also, too much of the chlorine could be harmful to the dog. Try getting some flea prevention from the vet or from the store.


It is possible that too much chlorine had been put into the pool. Did you notice an unusually strong chlorine odor?



Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.