Yes, you can use all-natural solar salt in your pool. Solar salt is a type of salt that is specifically formulated for use in saltwater swimming pools. It dissolves easily and provides the necessary chlorine for sanitizing the pool water. However, it's important to follow the manufacturer's guidelines for the proper salt levels in your specific pool system.
Influent is wastewater flowing into a treatment plant.
Effluent is water that has received primary, secondary, or advanced treatment to reduce its pollution or health hazards and is subsequently released from a wastewater facility after treatment. Effluent is treated wastewater
Yes, it is bad for them. Turtles, just like any animals, need to be in water or surroundings as close to their natural habitat as possible. Chlorine is not part of their natural habitat. If you have the turtle in chlorinated water, remove it immediately, rinse it off, and put it in "plain" water.
To most accurately answer your question, more information is needed. It is nothing unusual for a perfectly healthy salt water tank to smell fishy. However, if you have things in the water that are actively dying, that would also explain the smell. Do regular water changes and as long as things are alive and well and the nitrate levels are in order, you're in good shape.
Muriatic acid or hydrochloric acid is corrosive and harmful toxin. MAy be at very low level they act as a stimulant for the growth of plant but as the concentration increases the plant would die because of the metabolites produced by the reaction of products of decomposition of HCl.
If you can't, or don't want to drain the pool, just 'shock' it and get all the other water balance numbers right (pH, conditioner etc) and then filter it continuously until its OK. (Backflush filter often). Best to take a sample of water to your local pool store and buy whatever chemicals you need. Convert to a salt-water system if you want perfect water all the time, automatically.
I can recommend "POND CLEAR", a powder that is mixed with water according to the instructions on the bottle. There are many other products on the market also to choose from. I regularly use it in one of my small 'still' ponds. It works really well and is absolutely safe for any pond fish. It is a soluble powder concentrate algaecide for a broad spectrum of algae in fish ponds. It is quite expensive but it goes a very long way - the 150gram bottle will clean and clear up to 18 000 litres.
BUT = for a little extra money you could buy a small pump to iliminate your problem.
First of all remove all remains of the cat. then super chlorinate it and leave it to filter for a day. check the chlorine levels and every thing should be OK after that. so long as the chlorine levels are correct the water should be properly disinfected.
I have detailed instructions on my website for how to remove cat urine odor from grout and many other materials using a free homemade recipe. I would answer directly but there are detailed instructions on the website: http://www.remove-cat-urine.com
Kill it. If you care about mother nature then release it out and when you go outside put shoes on at all times!
it is a health hazard . Any solid waste must be removed as soon as possible. Pools that re pump driven and have chlorine will self filter an d clean through
Today there are many homes that have swimming pools as well as municipal pools in the cities. Many people ask, "Will the chlorine from the pool that gets on the plants around the pool harm them?" It is important to remember that chlorine does not occur naturally in nature, chloride (Cl-) is readily soluble, highly mobile and easily taken up by plants. Chloride is the element that is found in fertilizer materials. Chlorine (Cl2) is a corrosive, poisonous gas used to make bleaching agents and disinfectants. The form of chlorine most often added to pool water is solid calcium hypochlorite which forms hypochlorous acid (HOCl) when place in water. Sodium hypochlorite is the active ingredient of common household bleach. Commercial liquid chlorine (compressed chlorine gas) is used as a water treatment to kill bacteria. Hypochlorous acid is the effective agent that controls algae growths in pools. According to Clemson University, "There should be no effect of pool water splashed on nearby plants from normal pool use. Larger plants (and animals) can tolerate the concentrations that are recommended for pool water."
One time, i scrutinized my stupid pool for any clues on where the tweengloggs dissapeared to. But that's unrelated. Wait a minute, if its in the pool drain isn't it dead? Why do u wanna get it? Chuck Norris once took an entire bottle of sleeping pills....They made him blink. But Anyway, to complete this worthless, stupid and pointless, waste of time goal, u need a knife, butter, and some bred. First u get the butter and hurl it as far as you can into the horizon. If a giant sea monster comes out of the ground and catches it you did it right.
Then you take the bread and eat it. You must eat it in one bite or you will fail awfully and everyone around including the lizard, will laugh at your failure. But then again, you will still have the knife. Take it and shove it into your chest because you will never succeed at freeing the lizard and that will make you a stupid failure that has no friends. Not even the lizard will love you. I noticed that on all the coins, the presidents all face left....except for Lincoln....Isnt that strange?
Hope I helped
no because its a bacteria and only specialized types of agle can go in cold weather and its geneticly engineered
It depends if you have a lot of chlorine in it. If you do it will take about 4 months. If you dont it will probably take 2-5 weeks(depending on where you live and the animals around it).
They eat dead plants and animals found at the bottom of the stream and suck up the yuk and eat the algae.
I'm not sure, but to keep them from laying eggs in the water, put a long stick in the water. the mosquitos will lay their eggs on that, and you can take the stick and chuck it later.
The best way to rid your yard of insects is to provide a bird-friendly habitat. Put in a feeder in winter. Put out a bird-bath in summer. Provide shrubs & trees favorable to birds. They eat many many insects, as do frogs.
You can buy from pool shops some stuff to put in the pool water which puts a coating on the top layer of the water and it starves the little bugs of oxygen.
I owned and operated a pool service company for many years. I found that if you squirt a tablespoon or so a month of a quality dish soap(ie dawn, palmolive...), not a dishwasher detergent, the bugs are not able to float on the water and other submersed water bugs are not able to breathe in the water. The soap has many side effects such as helps to break down body and taining oils so they can be filtered out. You can expect your pool chemicals to not fluctuate as much and in some cases use less chlorine or bromine. Enjoy!!
I would call a vet and ask that question. It is VERY important that you take care of this problem. I recently learned that raccoon urine has a parasite in it that can be transmitted to humans and other animals. This parasite is so stubborn that simple cleaning products will NOT kill it. If you have little kids that play on your deck or you eat out there you MUST get to this right away. I wish this info was a known fact since I have camped in places all of my life that had raccoons and I don't know why it is not common knowledge. I learned it from a weekly vet item in the newspaper.
I have read on several websites that the only fool proof "repellent" is a dog, one that will go in the pool and chase after them. It must be a dog that will go in the water because ducks are smart and brave and will swim in ther anyway, just avoidin the area where the dog is. I was looking for a way to keep ducks out of our garden pond. Some of those suggestions were any kind of constant movement, i.e.: helium balloons, streamers, scarecrows with flowing clothes. However, this is only a temporary fix also, as ducks quickly figure out there is no real threat and will return anyway. Hope this helps!
Baking Soda is typically used to lower the alkalinity of a pool, not to eliminate wrinkles. The easiest way to reduce the wrinkles in a pool that still has water in it is to use a plunger. Press the plunger down about 6 inches from the wrinkle and try to pull the liner up and away from the wrinkle. Then repeat the process. The wrinkle should move and each time get a little less. NC < Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, and is used to INCREASE alkalinity.
don't dare use dish soap you will kill every single one of those fish and you wont beable to re-use the tank for yearsb, and that's with water in the thing. use an unused cheap sponge without toxins if you don't have a proper fish tank sponge.
use the sponge for nothing else but the tank. never use any type of cleaning product
Baking soda raises the Total Alkalinty of the pool without really affecting the pH. Pool industry standards say 80-120ppm is normal. Soda ash or sodium carbonate is used to raise the pH without affecting Total Alkalinity. The importance of Total Alkalinity is if it is too low, the water seeking its dynamic balance will sacrifice components in the pool surface to satisfy its demand. If the pool surface has a slick or slimy feel to it but otherwise the pool water is clear, chances are the T/A is low and you are feeling the calcium hydroxide leeching out of the plaster. Run your thumbnail up the wall of the pool and look for a powdery deposit accumulating on your thumbnail.
you need to bring your alkalinity up first using alkalinity UP