Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Job Training and Career Qualifications

What license or licenses you need to start your own repossession agency or business in Indiana?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2004-07-10 12:06:03
2004-07-10 12:06:03

Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles, 100 N. Senate Ave., #401, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204. Tel:(317)233-6000. I bet they can help. Surely you need a TAX license so you can pay sales tax. IF you are in the city, Im sure they will want a little bit every year for something. Good Luck


Related Questions

User Avatar

The first thing to do when getting a business license in Indiana is to go to Indiana's occupational business license portal. This portal lists the available business licenses and the agencies that issue certain licenses. The next thing to do is to contact the correct agency. Each agency has specific requirements for obtaining a certain type of license. If the business is going to be in a stand-alone building, a building license is also needed. Finally the business must be incorporated. This can be completed by visiting the Secretary of State's website.

User Avatar

To start a repossession business you must file the appropriate business license. Many repossession businesses also have insurance and a bond for their business.

User Avatar

All US states require the repossession agency be licensed and bonded.

User Avatar

Business licenses are obtained from the Business Licensing Office in the State where the business is located. Most states offer online searches of business licenses by name. A good website to use is "Business License Records Resources" which provides business license links to each of the states. You will also be able to access any county, city or town business license links.

User Avatar

South Carolina's "Business One Stop" Office handles the issuance of business licenses. The site offers online business registrations and licenses. You may also need a business license in the County where the business is located. Using the free link below, you can access the State's Business License link and also scroll down to your specific county for either contact information or a direct link to "Business Licenses."

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.