Best Answer

Well I am with someone who has had emotional affairs multiple times. He down plays it becasue they dont have sex. He has slept with and tried to sleep with women though. I have begged and cried for him to stop and every time he says he will. He wont. Everytime we get any problem there he is talking to other girls. Its more painful to me then him having a one night stand because its intimate. He has feelings for her and her him. Its so hurtful. You have every right to be as angry and hurt as if he was to have sex. If he will have an emotional affair he would be willing to have a sexual one. Him telling you is a good sign, I always had to find out myself and snoop around cause he would lie. I guess you can hope it doesnt happen again and give him another chance. Or walk away now before you end up like me. Thank you for your advise. Should I call the girl and tell her that the man she's been talking is my husband. And should I tell her that "It is alright to just have my husband as one of her friend only not a boyfriend?" They are both medical students. I think this is one of reason why my husband is attracted to her. The girl is currently located out of state, so the phonecalls exceeds more than 3-6 hours per day. I am getting hurt. My husband even bought me the new Toshiba Tablet PC -- I told him this is not a gift, its a bribe. He honestly told me that its 50% bribe and 50% gift. He constantly reminding me that he only loves me' that his heart only belongs to me. Everytime I want to move-out, he cries. Now, he just promised that everytime he will talk to the girl, he will let me hear it. I think doing this means that he is just playing with the other girl? Please advise. Thank you once again.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2005-05-01 19:41:16
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Mental Health

21 cards

What is fairway in golf

What does the kinesthetic sense detect

Name the worlds hardest-riddle ever.

There are 32 students in a class how many ways can the class be divided in to groups with an equal number

See all cards
5 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What should you do if your husband told you that he is having an emotional affair with no physical contact but you are very hurt?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

How do you end your husband's emotional affair?

* Ending an emotional affair is difficult because there is no physical contact between your husband and the other woman and the mind is free to think as that individual allows it. If your husband is willing you should seek marriage counseling so you can learn the tools to communicate with your spouse and they you and if your husband will have nothing to do with counseling then be blunt in saying you are not wasting your life on him if he continues to have this emotional affair and will at least get a separation from him in hopes he will see how hurtful he is being to you and if he does not snap out of it divorce will be your next step. By allowing him to do as he pleases and staying with you then you are enabling this emotional affair. Often humans want what they cannot have and this may well be where your husbands thoughts are now.

Should your husband tell his coworker that their emotional affair is over?

If it is yes most definately.

What are signs that you are having an emotional affair?

An "emotional affair" is an affair, which excludes physical intimacy but includes emotional intimacy. It may also be called an affair of the heart. Where one partner is in a committed monogamous relationship, an emotional affair is a type of chaste nonmonogamy without consummation. When the affair breaches an agreement in the monogamous relationship of one of the partners to the affair, the term infidelity may be more apt source: wikipedia

What if a married man wants emotional affair with man?

Emotional affairs usually lead to physical (sexual) affairs.

Husband had an emotional affair with co-worker and still works with her?

ANSWER:Did your husband had physical affair with this woman? If he did I think it's time for you to put your feet out there and tell him what is wrong with your relationship together. If he don't comply with you, then talk to that woman he work with and be person who do cares about you not wanting for her to connect with your husband anymore because he is not being honest with you.

What is the Impact of an Emotional Affair on Children?

define emotional affair

Should your wife still be in contact with him?

Gosh no, how can she justify the pain that she gave to her husband if she still contact him. If this is what she is doing, for God sake just get a divorce so both can move on. Just like when the husband is the one that had the affair, if he keeps contact with his mistress what do you think the wife will feel? Either way husband or wife that has the affair needs to be honest, and never contact the affair partner..

How the unhappy married woman stop emotional affair at workplace?

First, if you are unhappily married you should most definitely talk about it with your husband. See if there is something he can do differently to increase your happiness. Otherwise, move to Egypt. To stop your emotional affair (if you decide to leave your husband you dont have to) turn the person against you by avoiding them, so they constantly diss you so you no longer have your emotional affair.

What if you're attracted to your husband's best friend?

It happens, and doesn't mean you're doing something wrong by being attracted to his best friend. However, acting on that attraction and conveniently forgetting or disregarding the commitment you made to your husband would be wrong. That goes for having or trying to engage in an emotional affair or a physical affair with him.

Do you have to have intercourse for it to be considered an affair?

No not at all, having an affair can also be emotional. How deeply you feel about that other person, that's What happens then later intercourse could come. But affairs can not only be physical but emotional an mental.

Do many married women cheat?

Yes. I was with my husband for 20 years, married 13 years with 2 children - 8 and 11. I had an affair. He was also married. Very strong emotional affair, which turned to a physical affair over time. I ended up deciding to end my marriage. The affair was not the cause of the problems in my marriage, but more a result of them.

How can someone deal with the devastation of an emotional and physical affair?

you can move on but you will never get over it or trust them ever again!

People also asked