Springfield Firearms
Crescent Firearms

Where can you find information about a Sam Holt Arms Co shotgun?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2006-09-22 13:40:15
2006-09-22 13:40:15

Sam Holt Arms Company: Trade name used by the Sears, Roebuck and Company of Chicago on shotguns they retailed. If marked with the country of origin, it was imported after 1893. WWI pretty much ended the importation of these inexpensive shotguns. Don't shoot this one without having it checked by a good gunsmith. Laminated steel means the barrels are made of of little strips of metal hammer-welded together. Although safe enough when new, after a century of use/abuse they may not be now. Here is more input: * I have a gun that is a double barrel muzzle loader, it also says Sam Holt Arms Co. on the side of the shotgun. also says belgium and laminated steel. it also has a dog on each side above the trigger in the steel. * These old doubles usually bring $125-$150 as mantle decorations.


Related Questions

User Avatar

You can find information about Russell Arms Co. shotguns online at places like Gun Trader or at many local gun stores. You can also find information online at Shotgun World or Arms List.

User Avatar

Manufactured by Crescent Fire Arms, sold by Montgomery Ward.

User Avatar

I find no listing for "London Arms Co." Provide more information or take the firearm to a local gunsmith for a professional appraisal.

User Avatar

you may find some info at the savage arms website.This was the maker of your shotgun,savage/stevens.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.