Where is the engine block drain for antifreeze on a 1988 Mercury Sable?

There is no drain on the block, just the drain on the radiator (bottom of rad drivers side, facing the transmission).

ANS 2 The above is perfectly correct, but if you still wish to drain coolant fluid from that block, the easiest way is removing the lower rad hose from engine side.