answersLogoWhite

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered
2007-08-10 02:53:36
2007-08-10 02:53:36

What are your salt readings? They need to be in the right parameters to function properly. Re read the instruction manual for the salt system. Are you using pool salt? How big is the pool? Read the label on salt for instructions as to quantity to add.

001
๐Ÿฆƒ
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0

Related Questions


Once you have a chlorine reading, the use of Cyanuric Acid will help keep the chlorine from letting sunlight dissipate it. Keep in mind that many induced salywater pools manufacture chlorine from electroylsis of the salt water.


Intended audience and reading suggestions of payroll system


because it has no chlorine


normally when there is no reading for chlorine means that you need it, put 1 gallon of liquid shock in your pool. that will raise the chlorine level, cheryl


I go to www.goodreads.com for reading suggestions. On this website, you rate the books you have already read, and it suggests books for you based on the ratings you provide.


When chlorine enters the water, it is in a form that is an active sanitizer and an oxidizer called "free chlorine". It will react with any number of contaminants in the water. When it reacts with ammonia compounds in the water, which come from bathers' perspiration and urine, it becomes "combined chlorine". In this form, chlorine is a much slower sanitizer. This form also causes chlorine odor and eye irritation. When using the 5-way strip, the difference between the free chlorine reading (pad 1) and the total chlorine reading (pad 2) is the combined chlorine reading.


To give you an accurate answer, it's important to know how many gallons are in the pool, how high is your Free Available Chlorine (FAC), and what is your Combined Chlorine Reading. Is pool enclosed and protected from sun etc? Is your chlorine generator working properly? You could simply shut down the generator and test your pool everyday at the same time. Keep records of pH, Free Chlorine, Combined Chlorine, Alkalinity, etc. It's important that you maintain a proper pH at ALL TIMES.



A good Free Chlorine reading should be around 1.5ppm to 3.0ppm. If the pool is used frequently by multiple bathers, the higher end of this range is recommended. There are many factors that can influence the Free Chlorine reading but this is a good place to start and you can adjust as needed for your particular pool.


The best way to exercise your reading comprehension is to continually read. You can also practices explaining the book to others to job your memory.


Do you mean that adding a little chlorine made the reading go from 0 to a higher level? You should shock your pool once a week with 1L of liquid chlorine per 10000L of water in your pool. You need to add enough chlorine to break apart the combine chlorine (the combination of chlorine and dirt which doesn't sanitize.) If you don't add enough at once, it will be used up and the chlorine reading will remain low.


Myrtle May Simpson has written: 'Suggestions for teaching reading in infant classes' -- subject- s -: Reading - Primary -


The best reading for combined Cl is .2ppm or below. A reading of 0.0ppm is best, but pool owners and operators are told to keep the CC no higher than 0.2ppm.


We can't give you answers to your homework. We will provide you with support or suggestions but not do your work.


If you are getting a low reading of chlorine in your above ground pool, you should add the appropriate amount of chlorine to get it back to the correct level. This is important to keep your pool running at maximum abilities.


Sodium and chlorine are held together in a salt crystal by ionic chemical bonding and by electrostatic force. A link is provided for confirmation and additional reading.


That depends on your current chlorine reading. you can take a sample of the water to a pool shop for a free check or purchase a pool test kit.


If the actual chlorine reading is not too high (i.e. around 10ppm), suspend dosing and allow it to drop over a period of time. If the chlorine reading is significantly higher, or if you need to use the pool in the near future, add sodium thiosulphate to reduce the free chlorine. WARNING The recommended dose rate is 250 grams per 50 cubic metres. Apply this in several much smaller additions, testing after each dose. An overdose of thiosulphate can leave you with a chlorine deficit for a considerable time.


The test strips for home read free chlorine. You could have a chlorine lock where your total chlorine is there but free chlorine is being used up by bacteria. You may need to SUPER shock your pool with granulated chlorine. Another possibility is your strips are old. They usually are good for a year after the date on package. Also keep them dry and closed when not in use.


I have been doing some experiments, and the boiling temperature of saltwater appears to be around 110* and 111* (degrees) Celsius. I may be wrong, but this is pretty close, I hope.--From the kid scientist of Montana--Hope this helps whoever is reading this! :)


I was reading a thing about tadpoles and it says if you leave the water in direct sunlight for 5-7 days all the chlorine will be gone(making it safe for tadpoles) but as this question is probably asking i don't knowhow long it takes chlorine to leavepools.


Be careful when testing for chlorine. No chlorine will have a clear reading but too much chlorine will cause bleaching of the test reagent confusing you to think you have no chlorine in the pool, try doing a dilution test where you dilute half pool water and half tap water, If coloured results appear with dilution you know you have too much chlorine. Swimming with too much chlorine can cause skin rashes irritations, discolouring of swim wear rotting the stitches, and blacken jewellry.


I'd say that this means the chlorine level is far too high, based on recent experience. I diluted my pool water by letting 1/4 out and refilling it. The test sample still shows red but the sun is now burning off the chlorine and it seems to be reducing.


You need a test kit to determine free chlorine levels. To reach those levels you test the water and add chlorine until you achieve the required amount ( 1.5 to 5.0 ppm) of chlor. The first reading on the kit is available chlor. The second part of the test would determine the free chlor level. The free chlorine is what is doing the sanitizing or killing of bacteria. The first reading only tells you that you have some chlor in the water. It is probably not safe to use the pool if you do not have a sufficient amount of free chlor. k


If the smell is a very strong Chlorine odor, your pool water has CHLORAMINES, also called COMBINED CHLORINE. A strong Chlorine odor is rarely caused by high levels of Chlorine in the water as everyone thinks. It is actually the exact opposite, there is not enough Chlorine being used in the water to properly sanitize and oxidize contaminents and swimmer waste. This is what leads swimmers to think they are allergic to Chlorine after swimming in a hotel or health club pool or spa that is not properly chlorinated. Chloramines will cause the eyes to burn and become very red, ( improper pH will also cause this same irritation ), the skin can become itchy and a rash may appear. Also irritation of the back of the throat is common and in some cases bathing suits can be discolored or stained. Bottom line is, cloudy water with a strong Chlorine odor is not safe to swim in. The strong odor is a warning that the Chlorine in the water is not sufficient to remove harmful waste and contaminants. The water must be properly tested for the following, Free Chlorine / Total Chlorine / Combined Chlorine / pH / Total Alkalininty / Calcium Hardness / Cyanuric Acid pH & Total Alkalininty must be balanced first. Then enough Chlorine Shock or Non-Chlorine Shock must be added to remove the Combined Chlorine ( Chloramines ). If using Chlorine Shock, you must add enough to the pool to bring the Free Chlorine reading up to a level that is TEN TIMES the test result of the Combined Chlorine Test. Example, Combined Chlorine test is 2.0 ppm, ( parts per million ), you must add enough Chlorine Shock to the pool water to bring the Free Chlorine test reading up to at least 20.0 ppm. The addition of the Chlorine Shock must be done all at once. If you do not acheive ten times the Combined Chlorine reading, also known as BREAKPOINT CHLORINATION, in one single dose of Chlorine Shock all added at the same time, the problem will only get worse. So be sure you have enough chemical on hand before you proceed. After 24 hours, if Breakpoint has been achieved. the water should be clear and the Free Chlorine test reading will drop back down to its original level. Using a Non-Chlorine Shock is easier and usually cheaper, not to mention safer to handle and store for the average homeowner. Simply follow the dosing directions on the package and your water will clear and the smell will disapate. This problem can be avoided by properly testing and balancing the water at least once a week. Any pool store will test your water, usually at no charge, if you bring them a sample from your pool or spa.



Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.