What would you like to do?
- I'm actually 15 and my entire head is numb right now, i have no neck problems or anything that my doctor and i know of. I can feel when something's touching my ears, but i have no idea if it hurts or not. there will be some brief periods during the week when i can suddenly feel things around my head. i wake up at 4:00-4:30 every day. i hate my german teacher:), and i have a 6 page paper due in 12 hours and im screwed. Hope i helped
- Numbness on your head may be caused by twisting the neck while the body is flat on its back. This position is achieved most often while asleep; the head lolls to the side with the face facing the left shoulder, or when attempting to watch television in the same position. Blood is not allowed to flow through the neck's artery causing the numbness. The numbness generally goes away when the body is righted, that is, one trains themselves to sleep on their backs with the head in alignment, or the entire body is twisted to face the television when in a lying position. Numbness may also occur when the head rests upon the arm near the temple, but does not occur if the cheek, for example, rests on the same arm. The numbness generally happens within 10 to 15 minutes and the entire right side of the head at the top is without feeling until circulation improves. Circulation is achieved within 5 minutes.
- I am a 24 years old male and it has been many years since my head started getting numb sometimes. I usually get it when I am under a lot of stress and or I fear of something bad going to happen. Mostly it lasts for days but sometimes it goes away in a few hours. And each time my head gets numb I think I have a tumor or something and then it makes it even worse till I see a doctor about it, and be told that its only the anxiety.
- I also suffer from head numbness but it did not start till my car accident 6 years ago. Ever since then, every now and then I get the numbness and the doctors keep telling me it's a migraine What's Going On????? I went to several different doctors and they just don't get it it's not a migraine I can feel it.
- I am a 23 year old male and I frequently experience numbness and tingling in my head, specifically near the back and on the right. It also causes a flight numbness or ache in my right ear. I sincerely worry this is a problem related to cell phone use as I've stupidly had one since I was 11. It seems to get worse when I think about it thought which makes me think I'm just being a hypochondriac, but there are other times I notice it out of no where. It's very weird that there are so many young people around my age with this problem.............
- I GET THE SAME THINGS. i was cutting hair and i had to leave my client because i thought i was about to have a stroke, I'm only 24 years old... i had to get another girl to finish my hair cut as my forehead temple and cheek were all tight and numb feeling went to the doctor and she was like its a migraine. i have migraines a lot and i said no that's not what it is she says its called a Ora migraine. I'm going to look it up however i am still scared for tumors or brain cancer... and same thing as you i was in a car accident and it never happened before that....sometimes the back of my head goes numb and the center of my spine too... always on the left side i am booked in with a nuerologist!!!
- Dude this is freakin' weird! I AM 24 ALSO and have the same problem with the numbness!!! Though I was not in a car accident I woke up one morning and my whole head was numb and I could feel the blood rushing back to it as I got up but tingling and pain was still there for the rest of the day! Then I figured it was me cutting off my circulation while I slept until it started randomly happening during the day and other random times! It never stopped and even as I type this my the whole back of my head is about to be numb now. . . THIS SUCKS AZZ!!! I have always had problems with my scalp cause it is tender in the center and ridiculously painful sometimes (sensitive) hair dressers call it acute tender head-a- something or other but the numbness is new and gotta go!!! I thinking Im about to have a stroke or heart attack or something!!! What the hell are we supposed to do?
I am a 24 year old female and am shocked to discover there are other people the same age with the same problem with numbness and tingling of the head. I too get anxious when I have symptoms of any sort and it took me a while to gather the nerve to even look up what might be the cause of the symptoms. I too was in a car accident when I was nineteen and suffered whip lash, but only recently started experiencing these symptoms. I am relieved to hear that what I am experiencing might be less severe then a brain hemorrhage or cancer. I really scared of going to the doctor. Please keep updating your posts about what the doctors say so I can also know what might be wrong with me.
How weird, I am also 24 and a hair stylist. I suffer from migraines, neck & shoulder pain from my job etc. For the first time today the back of my head went numb and very cold feeling, which to me was a bit strange. I have had a pretty medium headache all day today. I went home and went to bed and somewhat later my head started going numb and down my back in the middle around my spine with the cold feeling again. Prehaps my spine is out and pinching on some nerves??I have not been in a car accident before but have slipped and fallen straight onto my back hitting my head on wooden floor receiving whiplash then.
Finding a Neurologist and requesting a mri and a having your brain scanned will be the best thing you could do. Upon you getting that done, ask the doctor if they can look for Chiari 1 Malformation. More information on that you can find on: http://www.asap.org/index.php/disorders/chiari-malformation
You never want to assume or diagnose yourself.
Well folkes I am pushing 50 know and had this cold head for many years ,stayed away from dinning rooms that are air condintioned etc.
I wear a ball cap ever day and a bed cap every night to bed.
Been to a few Doctors.They believe I frozze my head to many times working up north. Not !
There is hope. It is mostly in the neck . Chiropractors helped some .
But what realy helped me is taking 2 Calcium pills 500mg each before bed time.
It took about 2 weeks to notice a diffence.
Must be because we have not been drinking enough milk ,more pop and beer etc.
Joints are working better ,maybe allowing more blood flow to the scalp now.
Still wear a cap in cool days,just don't need a hot shower or use of a hiar dryer in the morning.
185 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Provided you have ruled out a stroke. I have had this sensation occur and it was due to a misalignment in my vertebrae pressing on nerves. I went to my chiropractor and he res…olved the issue in 2 minutes. With bi-weekly follow-ups, it has never returned. It could be as simple as stress. When we get stressed or even just sitting all day at a computer (at work) our necks and back take a beating. You could have a pinched nerve in your back or neck. My bet it's your neck. Here's a test: Just up on the meaty part of your upper shoulders, press down quite hard with your fingers and see if this numbness goes away. Don't forget to try it on both sides. Also use the flat of your fingers and press firmly up the base of your neck. If the numbness subsides, you have a neck problem. If this is the case and you can afford to go to a massage therapist please do. If you can't afford it get someone to massage your neck or put some heat on it and take a break for a bit. Be sure your pillow on your bed is a good one and craddles your neck area. If it doesn't you can buy a sponge pillow with the neck support quite cheap or you can go to a drug store and ask if they sell the sponge roll to put inside your pillow case just below your original pillow. I use the roll and find I have gotten rid of a lot of numbness and neck pain. If this doesn't work it's worth seeing your doctor to be sure you don't have any type of nerve damage. I highly doubt it, but it can't hurt to have it checked out. Good luck Marcy this could be bells pallsy. the nerve travelling through the ear cannal becomes swollen and damaged. it would feel like being under a dental anasthetic on one side of the face
I don't know but I have the smae thing i hopeone here knows.
Answer You May Have Had A Concussion. Seek Medical Attention. DO NOT LET THIS LINGER!!!!!
stress, nicotine, oxygen, c2o, too long to explain. Any doctor here?
that happens when you stand up faster then your blood can reach your head
Yes, I am not an expert but I have a TMJ related problem. I first noticed it as numbess above my left eye (left jaw being where it the TMJ problem is located). I know th…ere is a cranial nerve that runs through that area and around to other parts of the face. I also now have experience numbness in my lower jaw. I wish I could say it would get better, but mine has gotten worse. Good luck to you, this problem really is a nuicence and it sucks. I hope yours goes better than mine.
someone hitting you with a sledgehammer in the back of your head
There are several things that could cause one sided numbness in the face & head. You should talk to you doctor about it if it doesn't resolve itself. It could be a very …mild form of Bell's Palsy (which is usually temporary and goes away on its own), which itself can have many possible causes. Basically, if it doesn't go away, talk to your doctor!
hmmm... you might want to get to a doctor!
if someone kidnap your kid and ask you for a ransom that can cause headaches hehehehehe
WOULD LOVE TO KNOW BECAUSE I AM DEALING WITH THE SAME THING. I HAVE GRAVES DISEASE dONT KNOW IF THAT IS WHAT IS CAUSEING IT. BUT I DO KNOW THAT I FEEL HORRIBLE. I ALSO FEEL CO…NFUSED AND MY FACE GETS NUMB TO
Go and see a qualified medical practitioner (a doctor) if you are concerned about your health.
Go see a neurosergeon. it could be serious.
inadequate brain blood microcirculation. Try ginkgo biloba, and ginseng.
The symptoms - sharp pain on the left side of head with numbing - are fairly non-specific. With over 300 different headache disorders, it is impossible to tell from this desc…ription what may be happening. Please see your doctor. For appropriate diagnosis, treatment and management of headache disorders, please seek the help of a board certified headache and Migraine specialist.
Don't panicccc!!!!!! It ciuld just be stress or migraines!!!! If you have neck artheritis it could be this is the cause!!!! Go see a doctor fast