What countries do not let women vote?
According to Wikipedia:
Women's suffrage (the rights to vote) denied or conditioned
* Lebanon - Partial suffrage. Proof of elementary education is required for women but not for men. Voting is compulsory for men but optional for women.
* Brunei - No suffrage for women. Neither men nor women have had the right to vote or to stand for election since 1962 because the country is governed by an absolute monarchy. (see note)
* Saudi Arabia - No suffrage for women. The first local elections ever held in the country occurred in 2005. Women were not given the right to vote or to stand for election. In September 2011, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al-Saud stated that women would be allowed to vote and run for office in 2015.
* United Arab Emirates - Limited suffrage for both men and women.
* Vatican City - No suffrage for women; while most men in the Vatican also lack the vote, all persons with suffrage in Papal conclaves (the Cardinals) are male.
http://www.answers.com/main/images/hook-topL.gif); width: 67px; height: 24px; margin-left: 25px; position: relative; top: 10px">
Read more >> Options >>
note: Brunei is a constitutional sultanship according to the CIA World Factbook
22 people found this useful
Uh... YES! For example Saudi Arabia and Vatican City.
Women in the United States were given the right to vote by the 19thAmendment to the US Constitution. The Amendment was ratified byCongress on August 18, 1920.
In New Jersey, due to laws coming about in 1790, women had the privilege of suffrage provided they met certain requirements regarding property. This lasted until 1807, when th…e law was stricken down. Wyoming was the first state to instate suffrage privileges that would last, followed by Utah. However, the reasoning for these rights being given is murky and shrouded in political and cultural back-handedness. For instance, in Utah, the vote was given to women so they would be less inclined to participate in sororal polygamy.
Wyoming gave women the right to vote in 1869. This happened when itwas still a territory and not a state.
When they finished cleaning the dishes and making sandwiches
Men did not let women vote because they did not let women do a lotof things. Men were probably afraid of what the women could do.
It is a Muslim country , Saudi Arabia.
Susan B. Anthony was one of the more influential women, and likely the answer you're looking for. However, for a woman to let other women vote, it would imply she had powe…r over that privilege in the first place. I believe you mean to ask the nature of the person whose name they've pinned on a group effort. Please see above. Are you thinking perhaps of the Suffragette Movement which agitated for the right of women to vote?
Letting women vote (also known as women's suffrage) means that women have the right to vote in public elections.
there are many countries in the WORLD that do not allow women to vote for example Saudi Arabia, places in asia and many third world countries.
19th amendment let women vote so leadies vote
Woodrow Wilson was the president that signed the bill to let Women vote
Canada was among the first sovereign nations to grant women theright to vote in the 20th century. It was not, however, the fifth.Universal nationwide suffrage in federal elect…ions was not grantedin Canada did not occur until 1918. Universal voting rights forwomen in Canada in the 20th century was preceded on the world stageby Australia, Finland, Denmark, Norway, and several easternEuropean countries coincidentally around the occurrence of theRussian revolution in 1917.