answersLogoWhite

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2007-08-14 19:47:22

I can't answer the initial question if chlorine generators give off high chlorine false readings. I have an inline chlorine dispenser and it seems to work just fine for me. But the second part of the question asking if high chlorine will give false readings for pH and TA. I have read that somewhere and I am currently researching to validate that finding.

001
๐Ÿ™
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0
User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions


Free chlorine is the sanitizing portion of chlorine. You may not want to reduce that. Are the levels excessive? There is a product which reduces or eliminates chlorine but beware. Not a good product if you use too much. What are your readings?


Someone/something changed the original question and that is probably why it has not been answered.Safe levels for chlorine are 1.5 ppm to about 5.0 ppm. of free chlorine. You should have a test kit that will give you free chlorine readings as opposed to just a chlorine residual. Free chlorine is what sanitizes the pool water. If you can smell a chlorine odor coming from your pool then you do not have enough chlorine in the water.K


Roy Readings has written: 'The levels of participation in physical activity of the unemployed'


Adjust your chlorine generator levels.


ADD MURATIC ACID PER DIRECTIONS. ALSO ADJUSTS THE PH New ans: There are no directions on a bottle of muratic acid. Muriatic acid will have little affect on the overall pH readings or can hardly be detected on most test kits. Possible too, lowering the pH may actually prolong the life of the chlorine. Chlorine levels will automatically come down naturally if left alone. And why in the world would you ever want to lower the chlorine levels if you have good sanitation????


"normal" levels of chlorine don't damage plumbing. However abnormal levels of pH will.


Buy a good test kit and follow instructions. If after you have added chlorine to the pool and you get little or no reading on the test kit then you did not add enough chlorine. Keep doing this until you get the proper readings, usually 1.5 to 3.0, and that is what it takes to bring levels to proper levels this time. Next time it may take more or it may take less depending upon bather load.


I'm assuming 15 round? Not much, start with 4 ounces of granular per week, monitor levels to see where total and free is at. Make sure to shock weekly, too. A chlorine based shock is your chlorine levels need to be raised, or a non-chlorine oxidizer if your chlorine levels are above 5 ppm.


You can check the pool chlorine levels with some litmus paper the levels need to be between 7.2 and 7.6 on the ph scale it would need a lot of chlorine for hair to fall out Safe levels are below 5ppm chlorine. You won't die if you swim in 10 ppm once or twice, but there could be harmful effects if you swim very regularly in high doses.


As chlorine increases, ozone is destroyed. Chlorine (from CFCs) is the cause of the ozone holes.


Yes, dogs generally cause a higher chlorine demand. It's not a problem if you monitor the chlorine levels.


The chlorine in pool water is an irritant to eyes. This irritation causes cloudiness of vision and redness. The cloudiness will go away on it's own a short time after leaving the water. Usually within 10 minutes to a half hour, depending on how heavily the water was chlorinated and how long you had your eyes open in it. If the cloudiness lasts for an extended time, see a doctor. To keep from experiencing eye irritation while swimming, wear goggles or a mask. A: Eye irritation usually is not caused by high levels of chlorine. It is often caused by water that is not chemically balances - - - bad pH levels. Readings in the pH range that are no where near recommendations. Readings of anywhere below 7.2 and above 7.8 will cause eye irritation. The total alkalinity readings are just as important and must be within the recommended range. 80 to 120 ppm. Chlorine levels can be at 10.0 ppm and not interfere with your eyes. k


Chlorine has three electron shells with 2, 8, 7 electrons.


Chlorine levels should be between 1-5 ppm


yes my friend it will hurt. High levels can be deadly.


Answer3 energy levels17 protons and electrons


Chlorine kills germs in pools--but it takes time to work. Therefore, it's important to make sure chlorine levels are always at the levels recommended by the health department (usually between 1.0 - 3.0 ppm)


Chlorine levels, PH levels, Salt levels, stabilizer level, Make sure salt chlorinators are set correctly, check timing so that pool is filtering for enough time to produce required chlorine.


Sodium is actually bigger that Chlorine. Why? Sodium and Chlorine have the same number of electron energy levels, but since Sodium has fewer protons the pull on its electron energy levels is weaker and that allows Sodium's energy levels to expand more than Chlorine's.


yes! They can even be deadly.


Yes it can cause severe respiratory damage to the human body . People who swim in public pools have to be careful because a public pool has to keep the chlorine levels higher than you would keep it in your private pool. When a pool owner shocks his or her pool you shouldn't swim in it until the chlorine levels have had a chance to to drop to normal readings, because the high chlorine could harm you. One sign that there is too much chlorine is burning eyes. Another believe it or not is heartburn. So please take a minute or two to ask questions about the water you are going to swim in because you are sure to swallow some during the day.


Neutral chlorine atoms have electrons in the first three energy levels in its ground state. You can tell this because it is in the 3rd period of the periodic table.


High Chlorine levels will damage a lot of things. Don't enter the pool if the Chlorine is higher than 5 PPM. To quickly lower the chlorine level in the pool, you may add some Hydrogen Peroxide from the drug store. Pool Masters


what is the min and max levels of free and total chlorine in drinking water


That depends on the levels, however with high levels of chlorine when the sun is shining, it can burn the skin. There would have to be extreme elevated levels for that to occur, but it is possible. The real problem would be getting it in your eyes. It's best to stay out of it, until levels have returned to normal range.



Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.