Vehicle Titles
Civil Lawsuits

Can someone sue you to sign over a car title if both of your names are on it?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-06-15 16:51:17

Yes, a lawsuit can be brought requesting the court to partition

the property for any existing valid reason(s). Depending upon the

circumstances the court will decide who should retain joint or sole

ownership or if the property is to be sold and any profit

distributed accordingly, and so forth.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.