Swimming Pools
Pool Building and Repair
Pool Care and Cleaning

How do I replace valve switch for above ground pool?

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
June 12, 2007 3:08AM

ok, first, you have to get the water level at least an inch below the skimmer. Then, make sore the pump(and plumbing) is dry. Now you con pull the valve off. Cut it off with a pipe saw, the use flexible couplers to connect it. I'm replacing mine too, but now i just need a new valve switch.Oh, by the way, a little water might still come out, but that's normal. If you don't lower the water level, the area around the valve switch(mine is in a hole about one foot under ground) will flood out. Good luck.