Auto Parts and Repairs
Crankcases and PCV Valves
Chevy Blazer S-10
Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer

How do you change PCV valve on 93 300zx?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2014-09-17 22:45:37
2014-09-17 22:45:37

To change PVC valve on a 1993 Nissan 300zx, first remove the oil dip stick and remove the tension clip from the PVC valve hose. Then remove the hose and the old PVC valve. Replace with a new PVC valve.

User Avatar

Related Questions

do you mean the PCV valve? the PCV valve is located in the intake manifold

under throttle body at intake

A metal cylinder in a PCV hose on a 93 Nissan 300 ZX is an air filter sensor. When the air filter gets plugged or very dirty, this sensor signals a warning light on the dash to change the air filter.

Most are locatedon back of your intake in the middle.

the pcv valve on your 93' cx is located directly under your fuel rail behind the valve cover on the drivers side of the car (dont look too hard its right there, not hidden)

I believe it is located on the passenger side valve cover. You will have to remove the air surge tank to access it.

A PCV valve is for positive crankcase ventilation. It is to keep crankcase pressure from building up in the engine. If it does it can cause seal leakage, air filter contamination and engine blowby.

the PVC vlave is located in a hole on the top of the valve cover next to the oil fill cap.

Pull it out of the valve cover, twist it out of the hose from the intake. Reverse steps to reinstall.Pull it out of the valve cover, twist it out of the hose from the intake. Reverse steps to reinstall.

Its by the fire wall , right below the map sensor, be careful you will crack the hose.

It is on the valve cover that's pressed against the firewall. The upper intake needs to come off to get to it, and the gasket on the uppert intake (plenium) will likely be replaced. Be sure to check the line running to the pcv for roting.

im not sure on a 1990 but on my 93 civic ex 1.6 vtec the PVC valve is on the intake right under the fuel rail

Try changing your PCV valve it messes with the idle control. and shifting prob is likely in tranny and may not be related at all. try PCV valve and have your tranny serviced.

By disconnecting the PCV hose from the PCV valve you have created a large vacuum leak of unmetered air to be sucked into the intake manifold. The ECM tries to maintain the proper air/fuel ratio through the sensors but can't compensate for the large leak so the engine runs poorly if at all.

check you ecu under the kick plat on the pasanger side then you might have to change you ptu

Visit this site: Scroll down to the 300ZX section. You should be good to go.

Don't look for hoses on this one. The PCV valve is located near the alternator. Pop off the plastic decoration around the super charger (if present) and look for a vertical tube. On mine, the cap on the tube was gray in color and actually had "PCV" in small, raised lettering. To remove the valve, press down and turn the cap counter-clockwise. Remove the cap and use a pair of needle-nose pliers to remove the spring and then the PCV valve itself. There is an o-ring on the bottom of the valve, so make sure you get it as well. When getting a replacement valve, get a new o-ring too. Installation is opposite of reverse. When you place the new valve into the tube, make sure it actually pushes into the bottom connector. Replace the spring and cap and you should be set.

Automobile PCV valves can leak oil.Not sure where it is on that model;it will be attached to a hose assembly to let air from the crankcase (bottom of the engine) get sucked back into the intake (top of the engine).AnswerThe pcv value is located on the value cover next to the oil cap. The pcv value has a hose attached to it that goes from the pcv value to the bottom of the fuel injector. Once you remove this hose, the value can be easily removed with a 3/4" or 20mm wrench.

Change the fuel filter and give it a tune-up. New cap, rotor, wires and plugs. While you're at it, put in a new air filter and PCV valve.

I have both a 94 and 96 GP BOTH HAVE IT. can't go very far without one.Answerthere is no PVC valve on 3.1l grand prix.Poss.came out with the vavle in 95 or 96. AnswerI have a 93 Pontiac grand prix And my pcv valve is on the Rear valve cover. akiller3 Mine is on the front valve cover with 1/2" rubber hose attached to it.AnswerIt is in the intake manifold. There should be a hose going to the throttle body from it. AnswerWhen you replace it, be very careful. The rubber grommet on mine fell into the intake when I pushed the valve in. It is not easy to remove. I'm not exactly sure who said there was no PCV valve and that it came out in 95. What an idiot. There has been some sort of PCV valve system on vehicle engines for decades. I'm sure someone may know better than I, but I think the last engines made without a PCV valve were the old flat head engines built in the 40s. There is most definitely a valve on your engine. It is on the rear valve cover towards the driver side. It is a little difficult to get to....and to get out....but I assure you it is there.It is on the top back of the engine; there is a 3/4" rubber hose coming from underneath the air intake plenum/manifold that connects to it. Unless you have very small hands you will need to tilt the engine forward to reach it.

egr valve may be clogged or bent. where do i find the egr valve on my 93 Saturn sc2?

That is a very involved process. But, in a nutshell: 1. remove engine. 2. remove heads. 3. remove springs, seals, and valves. 4. Get a machine shop to remachine your valve seats. 5. lap the seats to the valves (the valves will not be interchangeable at that point). 5. Put everything back together.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.