1. Disconnect negative battery cable at battery.
2. Drain cooling system.
3. Remove all drive belts.
4. Disconnect coolant hoses.
5. Remove mounting brackets attached to the water pump. This may include upper and lower alternator brackets.
6. Remove fan and pulley. It may be necessary to remove the fan shroud. If so, position rearward toward engine.
7. Remove pump attaching bolts and remove water pump. Pull pump straight out of block as you can damage the impeller removing some water pumps. INSTALLATION
1. Clean all gasket surfaces.
2. Apply 1/8 inch bead silicone sealer to water pump gasket surfaces.
3. Using new gaskets, install and tighten water pump.
4. Install remaining components. 5.0L & 5.7L Torque setting is 30 Ft. Lbs. for water pump bolts.
It should be a 700R4
Put a gob of wheel bearing grease on the push rod before you install it. It will stay up by itself long enough to get the new pump in.
no, they have different bellhousings and oil pans
they work fine in my 1984 3/4 ton Chevy with a 383 stroker.
replace the worn parts.
One can find reviews about a 1984 Chevy Custom Pickup Truck on Kijiji. On Kijiji, one can find reviews of almost anything, including big pickup trucks.
The rear brakes on a 1984 Chevy truck are drum brakes.
tom bracker is tommys dad
need help installing brake shoes need diagram
It should be 8 quarts.
the only difference would be the controls in the dash
Yes. You don't have to use both tanks
First of all, The 97 trucks did not have the 700r4 in them. The 1/2 tons had the 4L60E and the 3/4 tons used the 4L80E. Any year 700r4 transmission will work in the 84 as long as it is out of a truck.
A 1984 Chevrolet K-20 truck has a weight of approximately 1000 kilograms or 3500 pounds.ÊÊYou can also check the vehicle weight on the door panel decal.Ê
The 1984 700R4 will interchange with a 1988 700R4. The lock-up harness would have to be modified, changed or have a hydraulic lock-up kit installed. An easy fix would be to put the harness and swithes from the 1988 transmission into the 1984 transmission. The 1984 transmission is a weaker design but a working transmission will get you going.
Yes it came factory with a shoulder belt
1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2 Number one on the distributor will looking at it straight down at the 5 o clock position.
No, different bolt patterns.
The doors on a 1984 Chevy Silverado truck are adjusted by first loosening the retaining bolts. The door is then shifted into the desired position and the bolts re-tightened.