Crankcases and PCV Valves
Ford Ranger
Dodge Dakota
Toyota RAV4

How do you replace the PCV valve on a 1998 Toyota RAV 4?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-06-04 19:55:16
2008-06-04 19:55:16

The pcv valve is located in the cam cover of the engine. The cam cover is also where your oil filler cap is located. Look over to the right of the filler cap. You will see a grey plastic piece stuck into a rubber grommet in the cam cover. This is the pcv valve. Pull it out of it's grommet, remove the hose from the other end, and re-install in the same order. To make your new valve slide easily into the hose and grommet, just spit on the valve housing, being careful not to get it into the valve body. That's it!


Related Questions

Where is the PCV valve located on 97 Toyota Camry and how to replace it.Read more: Where_is_the_PCV_valve_located_on_97_Toyota_Camry_and_how_to_replace_it.

# The PCV valve is located in the valve cover # Detach the hose from the valve then unscrew the valve from the valve cover

The PCV valve for a 1998 Monte Carlo should plug into the valve cover. Twist and pull it to remove and replace it.

Putting a PCV valve on a Toyota Tacoma is pretty easy. Just pull on the old PCV valve straight out of the rubber grommet once itÕs out twist the hose off the other end and replace it with a new one.

The PCV valve on a 1998 Toyota Corolla is located on top of the engine, on the passenger side. It connects the intake manifold with the valve cover.


4 cylinder does not have pcv valve.

on a 1998 Pontiac gan am ,they do not have a pcv valve.

Pull upward on the hose that the PCV valve is in. The PCV valve will pull out of the hose. The PCV valve is located in the valve cover.

Where is pcv valve on 1998 daewoo leganza

The PCV valve is located on top of the valve cover in the middle.

The PCV valve is usually on top of one of the valve covers.

The PCV valve on a 1997 Toyota Avalon is located on top of the engine. It connects the left valve cover with the intake.

The PCV valve has a check ball in it, That's what you are hearing. REPLACE PCV VALVE

The 1998 Cavalier does have a PCV valve. The valve is in the side of the valve cover, held in by a metal ring.

pcv valves are always located on valve covers (but not all vehicles have pcv valves)

If you have to ask a question like this take it to a garage. The PCV valve is on the passenger's side of the engine near the firewall.

I had the same question. Seems it does not have a PCV valve.

Where's the PCV valve located on a 2004 Toyota Sienna van

The PCV valve on a 1987 Toyota Corolla FX16 is located behind the alternator. It is under the intake manifold.

No PCV valve on this engine. Has "PCV system". Hose from valve cover to throttle body. Nothing to replace.

Simple. Just take out old one and put in the new one. ; ) Link explains where PCV valve is, how to test it !!!!

The PCV valve is located on the top of the valve cover. To test the PCV valve, start the engine, pull the valve out of the valve cover and put your thumb over the hole in the end. If you hear a little click, then the PCV valve is good. If there is no vacuum at the hole, either the valve is bad or the hose is bad. To see if the hose is bad, pull the hose off and put your thumb over the end. If there is vacuum, replace the PCV valve. If not, replace the hose. It's important to note that PCV valves are sized for specific engine applications. The wrong PCV valve for an application can flow too much or too little air causing driveability problems.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.