Best Answer

Well, you really don't want to repair it. What you need to do is pull the head off, check or have a professional check if it has any cracks in it, If not (if so, you'll need a new head) just scrape, or use a certified foam cleanser to remove old gasket and seal (probably an orange or blue colored silicone), be sure it is clean! Then buy a new gasket (15-40$) and a tube of HighHeat silicone. Although the manufacture doesn't recomend a silicone seal, it does provide some added protection. Take a small ammount of silicone and place it on the ridges which are around the edge of your block (where the head sits) then place the gasket on the block. To provide a better fit, you should lay your new gasket on the trunk of your car in the sun. This will expand the gasket and make it more flexible. The place the head over the gasket. When tightening the bolts, just get each one started first. Then go around and tighten them to the recommended strength(should be an ammount of lbs.), or just tighten them down where they fit snugly. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN! This will result in a poor seal and will cause another blown gasket. Let the silicone cure overnight, and your finished.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2011-09-12 20:58:13
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Where I can purchase purchase HID Fargo ID card in Dubai

See all cards
No Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do you replace the head gasket located on a 1994 Ford Crown Victoria 351?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Where is the intake manifold gasket located on 1989 crown Victoria?

The gasket is between the head and the intake.

How do you replace the oxygen sensor in a 2000 crown Victoria police interceptor?

Located on catalytic converter

Where is the DPFE located on a 2002 ford crown Victoria?

where is the DPFE sensor located on a 2002 ford crown victoria?

How do you replace a speedometer cable in a 92 crown Victoria?

How to replace a speedometer cable in a crown vic

What all do you need to get when buying a water pump to replace on a 1989 crown Victoria 5.0L.What gaskets do you need?

Just the water pump gasket and a jug of antifreeze.

When replacing the water pump on a 1994 crown Victoria do you need a gasket?

I was looking at and it shows a water pump gasket

Where is the fuel pressure regulator located on 1998 Crown Victoria 4.6?

Fuel pressure regulator located on 1998 crown Victoria 4.6 litter

Where is the fuel pump located on 1989 Crown Victoria?

the fuel pump on the crown Victoria is located in the gas tank and if replacing it you have to remove the tank to get to it...Dennis Sison

How to replace starter in 1992 Crown Victoria?

dont get a 1992 crown victoria. Set the car on fire and collect the insurance, then get a new car.

Where is FLAPPER located for ac in 2006 crown vic?

how do you get to the flapper for ford crown Victoria

How do you replace pinion seal on 2006 crown Victoria?

Old out, new in

Where is carbuerator located on 97 crown Victoria srs?

A 1997 Ford Crown Victoria engine is fuel injected so there is no carburetor

People also asked