Folks, I just came in from the garage after changing the passenger headlamp in less than 15 minutes from the time I stepped into the garage, until I returned to the refrigerator...
Particulars: 2001 Dodge Dakota Sport (all the Dakotas are the same from late 1990's to 2001--check out the ads for replacement headlight assemblies).
nitrile gloves - keeps oils off the new bulb.
T-10 torx driver at least 3 inches long.
10mm socket and 1/4" drive with looong extension (6" min).
Procedure (works on either side):
1. Raise hood.
2. Loosen the rubber flashing on the engine side of the light assembly--pop the grommets out.
3. Remove T-10 (Torx) screw located at the intersection of the up-side down "T" created by the turn signal, parking light, and headlamp.
4. Wiggle out the "L" shaped turn signal/parking light assembly.
5. Remove 3 - 10mm screws holding the main headlight assembly. Two are under the assembly, and one is in-board toward the engine.
NOTE: The alignment screws are never touched in this process so the headlight will go back in exactly the same location as before--no aiming required.
6. In the outside corner of the headlight assembly is a swivel that functions with the aiming screws. It has to be popped out of socket. A gentle outward tug is all that is required.
7. Rotate the locking collar on the lamp, remove the lamp from the lens.
8. Remove the lamp from the wiring harness by releasing the two tabs on the top of the lamp.
9. Replace with a new lamp--if you have nitrile gloves on, you won't contaminate the bulb, but I still hold the lamp with a paper towel to be extra sure.
10. Fit lamp into lens and rotate collar to lock in place.
11. Replace 3 - 10 mm screws--take care to place the parking light and turn signal harness in the center between the two bottom screws. They fit under the headlight support frame.
12. Slide turn signal/parking light "L" assembly back in place - note there are alignment slots on the side and across the top of this assembly.
13. Replace T-10 Torx screw.
14. Close hood.
15. Admire work.
16. Clean up and put the tools back!
replace the headlight switch its wore out replace the headlight switch its wore out
it is behind the passenger side headlight assembly. you will have to remove the headlight assembly to replace it.
for a 1994 Grand Caravan (probably like the 1995) see: How do you replace the headlight assembly located on a 1994 Dodge Caravan? for a 1994 Grand Caravan (probably like the 1995) see: How do you replace the headlight assembly located on a 1994 Dodge Caravan?
With another Headlight Assembly that is made for a 1999 Dodge Durango.
It is located behind the passenger side dashboard. The dashboard has to be removed to replace.
A 2003 Dodge Dakota does not have a cabin filter.
When you need to replace the headlight, turning signal or parking light bulb on your 2006 Dodge Dakota, finding out what the replacement size you need can be a time consuming task. Whether you want to replace your headlamp bulb with a HID (High Intensity Discharge) Headlight Kit, Xenon Headlamp Kit or replace your interior lighting bulbs with LED (Light Emitting Diode) bulbs, we're here to help you with your 2006 Dodge Dakota. The Modified Life staff has taken all its Dodge Dakota headlight bulb replacement guide, Dodge Dakota light bulb size guides, Dodge Dakota light bulb replacement guides and cataloged them online for use by our visitors for free. Our Dodge Dakota light bulb guides allow you to easily replace light bulbs, replace headlight bulb, change a broken lightbulb, install a hid headlight conversion or install led light bulbs instead of spending countless hours trying to figure out which light bulb sizes in your 2006 Dodge Dakota. Feel free to use any replacement light bulb sizes that are listed on Modified Life but keep in mind that all information here is provided as is without any warranty of any kind. Use of the replacement bulb size information is at your own risk. Always verify all light bulb sizes, bulb voltage usage and bulb wattage before applying any information found here to your 2006 Dodge Dakota.
I detail used cars at local dealerships and I have restored many Caravan headlight lenses. I use a product called Crystalenz, it works great and is really easy to use. You DO NOT have to replace the lenses. Check out their website www.crystalenz.com for more info. for removal, see: How do you replace the headlight assembly located on a 1994 Dodge Caravan?
A 1997 Dodge Dakota does not have an EGR Valve.
Were is the ecm located on a 2001 dakota
Drop the fuel tank, (thats where its located). pull the pump out of the tank and replace with the new one.
There is no cabin filter on a 2004 Dodge Dakota.
The starter solenoid on a Dodge Dakota is built on the starter.
On Dodge Dakota it is integral to the fuel pump module and located inside the fuel tank. The filter itself is not serviceable or replaceable. To replace the filter, you must replace the entire fuel pump.
with a socket wrench or Phillips screwdriver
What all is involved in replacing a a/c evaporator in a '94 Dodge Dakota?
The engine computer is the voltage regulator. Located on the inner fender.
How do you replace a transmission solenoid on a 2001 dodge Dakota 4.7 engine 4x4 location?
i had a Dakota with the V8 .and if it is like the 97 dodge Dakota it will be on the housing from the top radiator hose
The obd port on a 1990 Dodge Dakota is under the hood, along the firewall..
The heater core on a Dodge Dakota is inside the HVAC housing, under the dash.
there in no egr valve on a 1997 dodge Dakota 5.2 318 Auto Zone is wrong
The 2005 Dodge Dakota uses 9008/H13 dual beam lamps. See sources and related links below for more information.
it is located in the pan