Law & Legal Issues
Citizenship and Marriage

How do you sponsor an illegal alien?



User Avatar
Wiki User


first you have to have a good job that pays pretty good and you would have to be employed there for at least 2 yrs

No, this is not correct. A job is required IF the sponsor is NOT married to the immigrant. I proved through my income (SSI) that i could support my husband and he got his papers with no problems. Keep in mind though, i had worked since the age of 14yrs old. and had numerous tax papers to prove it. I wasn't employed at the time (i am now) and he still got his papers accepted even when i didn't have a job.