Car Buying
Auto Loans and Financing
Used Car Buying

How would an incarsarated family member return a new car to the dealership?

User Avatar
Wiki User
April 27, 2012 8:51AM

Well first off, it's not like he could get a refund. If he is simply going to let it get repossessed, he can have someone else drop it off & he can send the lienholder a letter stating he is voluntarily letting them repossess the vehicle, along with location of where it was left. Voluntary repossessions avoid additional charges, towing, repossession fees,etc.