If a 13-year-old child was being physically and mentally abused by a parent is there a way they could go live with a relative before the age of 18 in Michigan?

NO ONE, including parents, has a right to abuse, neglect or mistreat a child EVER! Contact the Michigan Child Protective Services, toll free at 1-800-842-4357. If you believe you are in physical danger, call the local police department or 911 immediately. You WILL NOT "get in trouble", police officers are there to help you. Contacting the authorities is the first step that you need to take. After you are in a safe place, it will be decided if you should be placed in the care of another family member. National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-392-3738, Youth Crisis Services Hotline 1-800-448-4463, Youth Emergency Services Hotline 1-800-899-5437. * If your being abused in any way you should tell some1 you trust! * IN ADDITION to the National Abuse Hotline, many, if not all states have agencies to call. Look in the phone book; each state calls it something different...In Connecticut it's DCF Department of Children and Families; other states it may be CPS Child Protective Services or CYS Children and Youth Services, and others. Contact your state agency IMMEDIATELY, explain what is happening and they should open a file on you and your family and investigate the situation. Before the file is closed, they have to come to a conclusion of what to do. With the shortage of Foster Homes, agencies are generally in favor of having the child live with a responsible relative if they agree that the child should be removed from their abusive environment. NO ON EVER HAS THE RIGHT TO ABUSE YOU. YOU NEED TO REPORT IT AND GET HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Many abusive parents try and make you believe it is your fault and you are "bad". THAT IS NOT TRUE--THERE IS "NO EXCUSE FOR ABUSE". BE STONG and BEST WISHES TO YOU. * You must tell a trusted adult of the abuse and ask for their help. This is a battle that no one wins because the court system will have to be involved. I am sorry for this child, that a adult whom is supposed to love and nuture them has treated them this way, unfortunately not all people are meant to have children or deserve them. There is not book on how to be a parent but we as humans are supposed to make safe and proper choices for the children we bring into the world. If this child cannot find a trusted adult within the family, then they must for their own safety get either their school involved, guidance counselor, or go to the courts directly themselves. good luck to them and God bless.