Auto Loans and Financing
Need for Speed

If you sell a car to a friend and the note is due and he has paid only half the purchase price do you have the right to repossess and is notice required in Michigan?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-16 19:17:55
2015-07-16 19:17:55

It has to be stated in the contract that you have the right to repossession if the debtor defaults on the contract. You are problably better off going to small claims court and getting a judgment against this person.

RECOVERY REQUIREMENT: As per UCC, repossession allowed without committing a breach of the peace. Repossesses must hold valid collection agency license & Regulation, Collection Practice Board, P.O. Box 30018, Lansing Michigan 48909, (517)241-9239.


Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.