HOW DO YOU BUILD LEAN MUSCLE
(for men or women)
You will probably not be surprised to learn that the answer to the question "how do you build lean muscle" is proper eating and exercising!
The best overall approach involves three components:
1. Eating correctly, feeding frequency, sufficient protein
2. Strength training
3. Cardiovascular (cardio) exercise
I'll make a few suggestions about each and then suggest some excellent free programs.
(1) Here's how to cut through all the confusion about eating well. Eat a smaller meal about every three waking hours (5 or 6 meals per day). It's critical never to skip a meal, and to obtain sufficient protein at each meal. 'Sufficient' means at least 15 grams of protein per feeding if you are female and 20 grams of protein per feeding if you are male. Remember to drink plenty of fresh water. I suggest 3 quarts daily and adjusting your intake from there. Your protein should come from natural sources such as meats, eggs, and fresh caught (not farmed) fish. Don't consume dairy products (many people have an intolerance without being aware of it).
Avoid or strictly limit refined processed carbohydrates(apart from an occasional treat). Refined processed carbohydrates are a major cause of unwanted weight gain, obesity, insulin resistance, hypertension, Heart disease, and many other diet related diseases and conditions.
Replace those foods with 'fat burning' foods and take advantage of the fat-burning thermic effect of these foods. (If you are unsure what these foods are, you will fine a list of refined processed carbohydrates and a list of fat burning foods, and more about the thermic effect of foods, further down this page.) Eating that way will boost your metabolism. Increasing your metabolic rate is the key to achieving and sustaining a low percentage of body fat.
(2) Proper strength training will build lean muscle, which is your METABOLIC FURNACE that will burn additional calories 24 HOURS A Day. Do a whole body routine. Concentrate on the basic, compound exercises, which are full squats, deadlifts, presses, rows, dips, and chins. Learn proper exercise technique and use it on every rep. You will find free routines for beginners and intermediates, as well as lots of other relevant information such as safety and warm-up tips, given as live page links further down this answer. Once you are able to train intensely, you'll experience DOMS. In order to ensure systemic recovery, wait 24 or 48 hours after all DOMS has disappeared before training again. Remember: you do not grow in the gym. What you do in the gym should stimulate growth during the recovery period. Exercise is like medicine: too little is ineffective and too much is counter-productive. Get plenty of sleep.
(3) Cardio will increase the calories your body uses during and immediately after exercise. Choose some kind of cardio exercise that you hate the least, so that you will stick with it and not give up after the first week. For a choice of free cardio plans (one easier plan, one slightly harder plan, and one intense plan), see the relevant live page links listed the bottom of this answer.
HOW DO YOU BUILD LEAN MUSCLE SUMMARY:
To build lean muscle you need to eat properly, engage in cardio exercise, and do strength/weight training one or two afternoons per week. You can use that program from now until your dotage. If you adopt it and make it habitual, you are going to build lean muscle. You will love the way you feel and look. (Before changing your exercise habits, you may wish to get the blessing of your own physician especially if you have any known disease or condition
All the above will enable you to build lean muscle.
So, for the free list and plans to show you how to do itstep-by-step, at your own pace, use the page links given below:
1. Strength/Weight Training Programs -- how do you build lean muscle suitable for males or females, young or old, beginners or intermediates
2. Strength/Weight Training Exercises - Squats, Deadlifts, and Others
3. Mild Cardio to Burn Fat, Plan 1 (the easier plan)
4. Mild Cardio to Burn Fat, Plan 2 (the slightly harder plan)
5. Intense Cardio Plan to Burn Fat, Plan 3
6. List of refined processed carbohydrates (to avoid or limit),
7. List of Fat Burning Foods (to replace refined processed carbohydrates) and more about the thermic effect of these foods)
181 people + others elsewhere, found the 'how do you build lean muscle' answer page useful.
Video: How do you build lean muscle and burn fat
Eat healthy foods, increase protein intake and exercise with weights and machines.
The best way to build lean muscle is to watch what you eat while working out. You can also take supplements to help build muscle faster. You can find supplements such as carotene at your local pharmacy.
To build lean muscle, a 150 lb. man should eat a balanced diet. The diet should contain plenty of protein, which is an aid to muscle formation.
yes. Protein shakes build lean muscle. You should take it right after you work out.
Focusing on cardio excercises that strengthens your heart will help to build lean muscle and have a healthier, longer life. The lean muscle weighs more than fat, but provides a toned physique.
Protein is an important factor in gaining muscle. Eating more protein and drinking protein shakes will help you build lean muscle without losing weight. It is also important to be consistant with the amount of weight you lift and the number of reps you do.
Lean muscle is dense.
Dancing mostly builds lean muscle, and in the opinion of a dude leg good legs are pretty hot;)
how and when do i take lean muscle x
The amount of time it would depend for you to grow muscle, but it would help to take protein shakes to get a faster result. In order for you to build muscle, it would take a couple of months.
it is very small
yes! protein shakes help you build lean muscle. If you work out as well, it will speed up the process and you will build muscle. The best times for taking protein shakes are in the morning and right after working out. When you work out, your muscles tear. The protein shakes fill those tears to help build muscle faster.