Divorce and Marriage Law
Citizenship and Marriage

How do you divorce an illegal immigrant who went back to Mexico 2 years ago?



User Avatar
Wiki User

If you get a lawyer, he will explain that you can get a divorce from anybody and that they do not have to be present at the court hearing. A summons will be sent to him and if not found in a certain amount of time you can run an ad in a local paper for so many days or weeks. Once the court date comes around and the person does not show up in court, the judge will grant you the divorce and this person will still have to file for a divorce from you when they decide that they want to be divorced from you. In other words you will be divorce from them but they will not be divorced from you.