1. Disconnect the battery.
2. Remove the serpentine belt, by lifting up on the tensioner with a 1/2" breaker bar.
3. Remove the wiring from the alternator.
4. Remove the 2 bolts, and possibly one bracket that attaches the alternator to the engine.
5. Remove alternator, if it hasn't already fallen off.
Replace following directions backwards. The serpentine belt will be the hardest object to put up with on this job. Be careful to get it back on correctly.
I hope you are not a religious person because you are going to be doing some cussing.You need to do exactly what the 1st. guy said except more. On that vehical with the v6 you will have to pull the half shaft to remove the alt.Good luck with it,I have done 10 or 15 of them and they arnt any fun.
The best way to do it is to support the engine and trans from underneath the hood. Then you have to remove the engine cradle, ythis involves removing all fasteners for engine mounts, diconnect ball joints, remove drivers side axle.Be careful, there is a 10 mm bolt on the drivers side of alternator. Only use a top quality alt,., also labour in a shop is about 6 hrs.....Make sure all coonections at alt are secure, be careful supporting engine and trans from under hood. ........
Ok, I literally just got done. I searched everywhere on this stupid internet and I couldn't come up with anything... SOOO.. for all of y'all trying to do this at home I will shed some light.
1) Do all the basic steps like the original guy said.
2) You DEFINITELY need 2 people
3) Your gonna wanna pull your wheel off, Brakes (calipers, brackets etc.) CV axle and all your plastic splash guards. Take your coolant reservoir out, belt and then you have a bit of room to play with.
4) You want to loosen your bottom bolt, then the top bolt is weird.. It's actually a STUD. they are all 13mm but the top one is tricky.. I tell no lies. most likely there will be a black cover holding your HI and LO Power Steering lines...yank it off. you get those off then you have a alternator cooling vent (on the back of it), another thing that holds the alternator in place.
5) Pull the wiring harness out of the back of the alternator, and you are most likely gonna have to wiggle it and use some brute to get it out. but I assure you it will come out.
Please remember people for your safety to unplug the NEGATIVE battery cable.. I'm sure you don't want a jolt when you take that positive wire off the back of the alternator.. I hope my post was at least a little more helpful then some of the other things you'll find online.
If you need more help you can email me or whatever, I'm sure wiki can send emails. By the way.. what everyone says about this job being difficult is 100% true. This is not an easy task by any means.
there is no alternator on the 1992 Lumina its all electric, so there is no need for one.
14.3 to 14.6v dc
How do you convert the ac in a 1992 Chevy lumina
Hopefully you mean a 1992 Lumina, and yes, most starters are standard.
Remove the belt from your 1992 Chevy Lumina water pump. Remove the water pump return hose. Remove the water pump retaining bolts. Reverse the process to install your water pump.
The Chevy lumina does not have an inertia switch.
Remove the positive cable from your 1992 Chevy Lumina battery. Remove the cables from the front of the starter. Remove the starter retaining bolts. Reverse the process to install your new starter.
Yes it will, I did the interchange on mine
It is quite easy to install the 1992 Chevy Lumina brake light switch. The brake light switch simply plugs in and out.
Where do I find a fuse panel diagram for a 1992 chevy luman
under the engine
ype your answer here...
Yes, there is a windshield wiper relay on a 1992 Chevy Lumina. The windshield wiper relay is located in the underhood fuse panel.
Remove the belt from your 1992 Chevy Lumina power steering pump. Remove the power steering pump hose. Remove the power steering pump retaining bolts. Reverse the process to install the new power steering pump.
Just go to Google and search for '1992 Chevy lumina wiring harness' up will pop 20 or a 1000 places willing to sell you one.
Yes, he did. Dale Sr. drove an all black #3 Chevy Lumina during the 1992 Winston Cup season.
A quick way to check alternator on any vehicle is while engine is running,carefully touch a screwdriver to the spinning part (armature) of the alternator. If it is magnatized, it is charging. If not then alternator is not charging. The voltage regulator (the thingy that tell the alternator to charge) is built into the alternator. Replace the whole thing with a rebuilt unit.
A 92 doesnt have a distributor just coil packs
Remove the cylinder head from your 1992 Chevy Lumina engine. Remove the head gasket and clean the surface. Put the new head gasket on and reverse the process.
how do you replace a CV joint on a 1992 Chevy pickup?
My 1990 Lumina 3.1 had the same problem and it was caused by the crank sensor.
The easiest way to reset the ABS light in a 1992 Chevy Lumina is to disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes. When it is reconnected, the light should be reset.
Your 1992 Chevy Lumina will run with a bad 02 sensor. The engine will seem to be sluggish and the fuel mileage will go down.