Here are some few more steps, in addition to the previously mentioned steps, that could help you in your repalcement:
1. Open the hood and locate your vehicle's alternator.
2. Using your digital multi-meter, check the battery voltage. A dead battery will usually have less than 9 volts. This would not be enough power to start most vehicles.
3. To verify that your alternator is bad, make sure your battery is fully charged and can pass a load test.
4. With the good battery installed, connect your digital multi-meter across the battery terminals with the engine turned off. A good battery should read between 12-13 volts.
5. Start your engine and read the digital multi-meter's output. The voltage should rise near 13.5-14.5 volts.
6. Using an open end wrench, disconnect the battery's negative cable
7. Disconnect the power and ground wires on the back of the alternator paying close attention to where each wire connects. Disconnect the wiring harness connector.
8. Loosen the alternator bracket bolts, and alternator adjusting bolts or alternator belt tensioner so that you can remove the alternator drive belt.
9. Using the proper size socket and ratchet, remove the alternator mounting bolts, spacer (if equipped), adjusting bolt, lower pivot bolt (if equipped), and the alternator.
10. Install new alternator.
11. Using the proper size socket and ratchet, loosely install the alternator mounting bolts, spacer (if equipped), adjusting bolt and lower pivot bolt (if equipped).
12. Install the alternator belt.
13. Pull the alternator until the alternator belt is tight.
14. Tighten the alternator mounting bolts while gently moving the alternator unit to achieve proper alternator belt tension.
15. Reinstall the power and ground wires to alternator. Install the wiring harness connector.
16. Push down in the middle of the alternator belt to check belt tension. If the alternator belt moves more than a half an inch, it is too loose, adjust the alternator belt to proper tension before proceeding to next step.
17. Now that the alternator belt has been installed and adjusted, reconnect the negative battery cable. Start the engine and check the battery voltage to verify proper alternator charging.
18. Turn off the engine and recheck the alternator belt tension. Readjust the alternator belt tension if needed.
Disconnect the battery. Then unplug the alternator and take the belts off. Unbolt it. Put a new one back on. Bolt it in. Put belts back on. Plug it back in. Reconnect the battery. Viola! Replaced alternator.
Do mother birds really abandon their chicks if a human touches them?
Are Danny Devito and Joe Devito related?
Mrs Smith has nine children half of them are girls . how can this be true?
What is the Answer to rebus puzzle 1 knows?
Many southern states try to block school segregation by?
What is knee light light?
What times what equals 7?
Which alphabet letter is a part of a face?
What's the "Bastille" in Bastille Day?
If you could make one change to the education system, what would it be?
Is it safe to take a shower during a thunderstorm?
Why is the clock tower in London called Big Ben?
Why don't satellites crash into earth?
Where is the origin of the Panama hat?
Have you ever crashed a wedding or had your wedding crashed, if so what happened?
How many times did Joe Biden run for president?
What is the summary of the poem kitchen by taufiq rafat?
Is management an instinct or a set of skills and techniques that can be taught?
When two or more objects are added as listeners for the same event which listener is invoked first to handle the event?
Is best defined as the total weight of persons gear equipment stores fuel and motor assembly found on a vessel?
What is the characters of The Mulberry Tree and the Children by Sim Hun?
How many carbon atoms are represented by the model below?
What are some of the contradictory forces you are aware of in your life that make sexual development difficult?
BA-4 Why must a personal water craft operator follow U.S. Coast Guard rules and regulations?
Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.